Denso oil filters, new part numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone buy any Denso oil filters lately? I am about to put in an order for my fleet and I noticed the part numbers changed. My Toyotas used part number 150-1002 and now they call for 150-2010. My Mazda used 150-1011 and they now call for 150-2002.

Anyone notice any design changes? New country of origin?

The part numbers changed with my 98 Tacoma as well. I quizzed the parts guy and googled the new part number. There is a dealership on Ebay selling the new filters and they are a correct match for my truck. The old filters were made in Thailand, the new ones are made in the USA. The parts guy was young and seemed knowledgeable. He said the old part number is being phased out and the new number is all he has. I got over 200 K using Toyota oil filters and hope the new ones work as well.

Originally Posted By: Oldtom
The part numbers changed with my 98 Tacoma as well. I quizzed the parts guy and googled the new part number. There is a dealership on Ebay selling the new filters and they are a correct match for my truck. The old filters were made in Thailand, the new ones are made in the USA. The parts guy was young and seemed knowledgeable. He said the old part number is being phased out and the new number is all he has. I got over 200 K using Toyota oil filters and hope the new ones work as well.

Are these Toyota dealer filters? Did you notice any design change from the Thailand filters?

I have been buying "Denso" marked filters from Rockauto. They have been made in Thailand with metal endcaps and silicone anti-drainback valve. I usually buy a large quantity to offset the shipping but I don't want to get stuck with a surprise.

Thanks for the info. I am down to my last Denso 150-1002 so will be looking for the change. Probably won't be much to see when the new one is cut open.

A Denso website says two ply media, didn't before. They also have the old numbers listed as standard filters and the new as first time fit. I wonder if finally the picture on the box and website will match what is inside the filter can. My speculation is that may be the case, and it will mean an upgrade for the Toyota version, maybe?
I just looked on ebay and a vendor selling the new FTF version lists country of origin as CN. I hope not.

I saw on Rock Auto that Denso now has a filter that fits my Ford (equivalent to a FL-500S). On a whim I went ahead and ordered one. Box says "made in China" and it's not made the same as the Denso filters I've used in the past, the most notable thing being that it doesn't use an o-ring gasket. But, it is a nice heavy filter that looks solid enough.

xm60bq.jpg

Originally Posted By: HappyLittlePony
Box says "made in China"

Thanks for the info. It is a shame they have moved production to China. The Thailand made filters were very nice. I notice they still have some of the old part numbers in stock for my Mazda so I think I will order a bunch of the old ones. I will go back to WIX for my Toyotas unless I can find dealer filters that are not Chinese.

I just ordered one of the new ones along with a bunch of the old ones they still had in stock. I will cut it open and post the results when it arrives next week.

Denso First Time Fit now sourcing in China, that's interesting. Afaik, the FTF filter(s) used to be made in the US.

Like to see the interior construction.

Here is the new Chinese Denso. Quality seemed to be ok, but I am leary of Chinese quality control. I tend to avoid China for anything I put in my mouth or on my automobiles whenever possible.

a0381f502d69ca0ceefd36beec0eaa02_zpsxvncqd3w.jpg

6e820a877d6c6c91c0f267593255f657_zpsoumrlauq.jpg

59a975e17f0bdf11b83a3088ff60ec8f_zps2q42pjvd.jpg

I'll stay with their standard Thailand made model as long as they are available. Thanks for cutting the filter and taking the time. The ADBV does not look as good on this one, and I would prefer the leaf spring/retainer.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I see this filter uses those small oil holes on the center tube also like the new tearolaters im going to stick with Wix.

Not sure if troll or serious. How many times have this guy said this? Hahahaha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back