QS Advanced Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddy345
Not another QS thread. Sigh.

Dude, get over yourself. The arguments you present are baseless and worthless. We all know you're a Mobil 1 rep fanboy, everyone has their choices and reasons for such. By the way, your claim that it is 100% synthetic, well you might want to look that up. All claim that but almost all of them are majority group III base oil with a little 2, 4 and 5 mixed in, even your precious Mobil 1.

Personally, I don't like Mobil 1 as many others here would rather put something else in their motor BUT as many here state, we would have no issue using it and no issue with someone who prefers it, every oil has a selling point. If you check the UOA's here, there is a trend with regular Mobil 1 and that is higher concentration of iron than other top shelf brands, not to mention the higher cost for it on par with PPUP. If I am paying that much, I am putting PPUP in my vehicle.

I very much prefer QSUD or Magnetec or the blends. Cost efficient and does the job, sometimes better than the higher cost oils.

Excuse me but I don't see anyone here saying they use QS products. Everyone likes M1 or PP. just the way of it.

Please explain the correlation between technical specifications (or the "quality" of an oil) and your perception of what people on an Internet board use or don't use.

Not another QS thread. Sigh.

Since you aren't really new here, I know you realize that it's going to just be a matter of time, right?

Pennzoil is the most recommended oil on this site. M1 is the second most recommend oil. That means more people use PP or M1.

Personally, you should know better than that at the outset. Have you tallied up all the recommendations? And, how do BITOG recommendations compare to actual sales numbers?

Do note, too, that QSUD and PP when compared in a VOA are indistinguishable within the margin of error. The only difference we can even acknowledge is that SOPUS tells us they are different products. So, if you think QSUD is a different product than PP, even if you believe QSUD is vastly inferior somehow (despite the fact that they both meet basically the same specifications), you obviously believe Shell's marketing, since you see a difference between the two products that isn't readily apparent.

Originally Posted By: Bigdadd345
Excuse me but I don't see anyone here saying they use QS products.

What does my signature say about my F-150's sump?

I'll take Garaks "years" of taxi fleet service as that tells me that QSGB is food to go
smile.gif

Excuse me but I don't see anyone here saying they use QS products. Everyone likes M1 or PP. just the way of it.

I prefer Pennzoil but if I can not find it on sale I use Quaker State and have used more gallons of Quaker State then I care to recall.

I use PP and QSUD almost exclusively...prior to the GTL version of PP, QSUD and PP were basically the same oil with slightly different additive packs. Both are very good...but if you think Carter is still President and you wonder why phone booths are a thing of the past, then you probably also think that Quaker State will sludge your engine.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
I use PP and QSUD almost exclusively...prior to the GTL version of PP, QSUD and PP were basically the same oil with slightly different additive packs. Both are very good...but if you think Carter is still President and you wonder why phone booths are a thing of the past, then you probably also think that Quaker State will sludge your engine.

GTX had the same reputation where it was popular. Terrible engine design and maintenance are the main culprits.

Originally Posted By: car51
I'll take Garaks "years" of taxi fleet service as that tells me that QSGB is food to go
smile.gif

I've used it happily from SE on up. I haven't tried any SN/GF-5 yet, since my last bit is SM/GF-4. I have a strong hunch, well, more than that, that Quaker State (well, at least some division of Shell) is making lubricants for the Force India Formula 1 team, and I'm glad to see a proud North American brand like that getting international recognition.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
GTX had the same reputation where it was popular.

Yes, whatever was regionally most popular always seemed to get the blame. Of course, these people always did 3,000 mile OCIs, or sooner.

I would love a bit of QSGB or QSUD, I would swap it for some good Penrite oil, if the cost of postage didn't make the whole idea silly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Garak

I've used it happily from SE on up. I haven't tried any SN/GF-5 yet, since my last bit is SM/GF-4. I have a strong hunch, well, more than that, that Quaker State (well, at least some division of Shell) is making lubricants for the Force India Formula 1 team, and I'm glad to see a proud North American brand like that getting international recognition.

I couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back