Share us your car mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in my sig but...

2012 Honda Accord EX-L - purchased with 32K on 8/5/15, currently has 35K (miles of course)

2012 Toyota Camry 60k miles purchased with 7 miles.

2005 Toyota Matrix XR with 98k miles purchased with 6 miles.

Just did a UOA on the Camry and everything looks real good on the 10k oci using tgmo 0w20. It consumed a quart of oil over 10k miles. The iron reading was 5. I topped off with Mobil HM 5w20. The top off came late in the oci at 9500 miles. I figured it may help condition some of the seals a bit. Only $4 for a quart at WM. The M1 0w20 HM was $8.99 iirc. Also changed the air filter with an oem version.

In no particular order (all readings are in miles):

2002 Dakota -- 104,320
1994 Ranger -- 20,700 (it had all of 16,000 miles on it when I got it from Dad)
2010 Sonata -- 38,750
2009 Cobalt SS -- 10,200

The Sonata had the most miles on it when I bought it, 75. The rest had 10 miles or fewer when purchased.

2010 Tundra, bought with 73kmiles, now at 111k
2011 Camry, bought with
I used to own a 2004 VW Jetta station wagon, TDi & 5spd manual. Bought with 25miles, drove to 314kmiles. Owner flew in, picked up, and put at least 1k onto it getting home.

2008 VW Jetta - 69,5xx on the CA Emissions equipped (Originally from Long Island, NY.) 2.5 Inline 5 Cylinder. Bought in 2013 with 44K

2015 Toyota Camry - 8080ish on the 2.5 4 cylinder. Bought it new in April with 30 miles.

2013 Ford Focus 2.0

Bought new in Feb 2013.

As of a week ago.

jgsxbcK.jpg

2006 Ford Ranger 4.0 SOHC V6 - 63k miles
1992 Honda Accord EX 2.2 I4 - 181k miles
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0 H4 - 30k miles

1994 Ford Bronco 5.0 V8 - 223k miles, although it has only about 34k miles on a rebuilt engine

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
2012 Toyota Camry 60k miles purchased with 7 miles.

2005 Toyota Matrix XR with 98k miles purchased with 6 miles.

Just did a UOA on the Camry and everything looks real good on the 10k oci using tgmo 0w20. It consumed a quart of oil over 10k miles. The iron reading was 5. I topped off with Mobil HM 5w20. The top off came late in the oci at 9500 miles. I figured it may help condition some of the seals a bit. Only $4 for a quart at WM. The M1 0w20 HM was $8.99 iirc. Also changed the air filter with an oem version.

Satin,
I have been considering a Matrix for the wife and I since the wife has taken up a side business of selling antiques and primitives..we take long trips to look at and buy and resell them at home...so how would you review your car as far as comfort and drivability etc? I know the back seats fold down and it turns into a nice little carryall wagon, but my question is mainly is it comfortable on long trips, and any other insights u feel would be a pro/con.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I have been considering a Matrix for the wife and I since the wife has taken up a side business of selling antiques and primitives..we take long trips to look at and buy and resell them at home...so how would you review your car as far as comfort and drivability etc? I know the back seats fold down and it turns into a nice little carryall wagon, but my question is mainly is it comfortable on long trips, and any other insights u feel would be a pro/con.

Hi kris, you're correct about the utility with the seats that fold down. It's been relatively reliable but like all cars they have their issues. It's average on the hwy and not the most comfortable. It's much better around town, easy to park because of its size, pretty perky. I'd probably consider something else if you'll be doing a fair amount of hwy driving. Although the second generation might be better that came out in 2009 I believe. Plus you can get the 2.4 liter engine from the Camry which makes it more powerful and fun to drive. A neighbor had one of those and loved it. Plus you get a 5 speed auto in that instead of the four speed auto. The Camry is so much better on the hwy as in night and day.

Issues, front wheel bearing needs to be replaced along with the intake manifold gasket. Water pump was leaking around 60k and was replaced under warranty. Had a hot/warm start issue that was resolved under warranty, reprogrammed the computer. Right now has a recall for the airbags where no remedy is yet available. So they recommend no passengers in the front seat. Front fog lights are cracked and I don't tailgate or speed, clock light out and arm rest is broken.

I've had a lot more issues with this car compared to the 1999 Accord 4 cyl that was sold at 10 yrs and with 166k miles about half of those hwy miles.

Most to Least -
1999 GMC 2500 2wd 5.7 V8- I picked this truck up a few months ago to flip during tax time. Paid $250 for it.. has 450K miles. It was a delivery truck its whole life..I hope to get $1000 for it after i fix a few things. All in all its a solid truck and seems to have another couple of hundred thousand left on it...idk

2001 Subaru Forester- bought roughly 5 years ago for $150 with a blown head gasket and a broken odometer. Shows 385K miles but would say well over 400K miles easily. I have put around 100K miles on it and it has never let me down..it stinks, it has rattles and the brakes are horrible even though i have tried to fix everything...but she starts like a brand new car and goes from point a to b like anything else on the road. I cant sell the car nor am i driving it much..its like part of the family.

1999 Toyota 4runner SR5 sport (hood scoop) V6. I traded a $750 pickup even for it but it was a diamond in the rough. I bought new rims and tires and fixed everything on it, freshened up the belts and fluids and did a good detail job on it. After all was said and done it was supposed to be my forester replacement but the wife took it over. Currently has 225000 miles and is smooth as silk just like it didnt have a mile on it. Gas mileage is 16mpg currently with her driving...I dont know if we will keep it..

2001 F250 Superduty service truck- 5.4 V8 - this is our work truck for my dump trucks..bought it with 175K miles and it currently has 220K miles. So far it has been a good truck..it has thrown two spark plugs and i have had to helicoil them back in..not fun. It sucks the gas, maybe 13mpg.. but its loaded with tools and air compressors etc.

2012 Honda Fit- The wife and I bought this car to take more trips, locally and where the road leads us. She is into antiques and primitives and along the way we hit flea markets and thrift stores etc... This car is amazing for how much we can fit in the back..It is very comfortable and actually fun to drive. We are averaging 33mpg which isnt stellar but gas is cheap right now so hard to complain. I ended up taking it over because i drive alot more than she does. We bought with 22K miles and currently have 48K miles in less than a year. Except for one set of front tires its been a timex. We had to buy tires because she hit a pothole and broke a belt..not due to wear.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Hi kris, you're correct about the utility with the seats that fold down. It's been relatively reliable but like all cars they have their issues. It's average on the hwy and not the most comfortable. It's much better around town, easy to park because of its size, pretty perky. I'd probably consider something else if you'll be doing a fair amount of hwy driving. Although the second generation might be better that came out in 2009 I believe. Plus you can get the 2.4 liter engine from the Camry which makes it more powerful and fun to drive. A neighbor had one of those and loved it. Plus you get a 5 speed auto in that instead of the four speed auto. The Camry is so much better on the hwy as in night and day.

Issues, front wheel bearing needs to be replaced along with the intake manifold gasket. Water pump was leaking around 60k and was replaced under warranty. Had a hot/warm start issue that was resolved under warranty, reprogrammed the computer. Right now has a recall for the airbags where no remedy is yet available. So they recommend no passengers in the front seat. Front fog lights are cracked and I don't tailgate or speed, clock light out and arm rest is broken.

I've had a lot more issues with this car compared to the 1999 Accord 4 cyl that was sold at 10 yrs and with 166k miles about half of those hwy miles.

We currently have a Honda Fit and love it. The wife has packed it from top to bottom front to back many times and it still amazes me how much this little thing can haul. I did alot of homework before buying because i wanted a matrix to begin with.. Im a pretty big guy and this thing has a ton of room for me, cupholders and storage eveywhere..i never feel cramped or uncomfortable driving it. Your review is much like many others i have seen so i guess we may look into another Fit. Not having to pay $4 a gallon for gas and getting over 30mpg almost makes it free in some ways. Thanks for taking the time..im still on the fence but leaning towards another Fit for now.

My signature car, the 2011 Buick Regal, approx 61500 miles.

It's a youngster. I've had 1 Mercedes that was within spitting distance of 200K miles, though not all with me, when it was totaled; another MB that managed to get to 85K before its transmission began to go; and a Buick Park Avenue that was well over 110K when it was 10 years old. But the Regal is my only car.

We currently have a Honda Fit and love it. The wife has packed it from top to bottom front to back many times and it still amazes me how much this little thing can haul. I did alot of homework before buying because i wanted a matrix to begin with.. Im a pretty big guy and this thing has a ton of room for me, cupholders and storage eveywhere..i never feel cramped or uncomfortable driving it. Your review is much like many others i have seen so i guess we may look into another Fit. Not having to pay $4 a gallon for gas and getting over 30mpg almost makes it free in some ways. Thanks for taking the time..im still on the fence but leaning towards another Fit for now.

Yes, I really like the Fits as well. Esp, how the bottom of the back seat can flip up to place a plant or other stuff in there. The new generation Fit looks a little bigger. I think you get more bang for your buck with the Fit. They don't make the Matrix anymore. But they did introduce a clone to it with the Scion iM. It's right around 20k and that's with the no haggle pricing model. I'm guessing you could get a decent new gen Fit for around $17k. Which might be a no-brainer.

Have 203k miles on my 2000 Camry, 2.2L 5SFE. I've put 8,500 miles on it the past 4 months and will be taking it to San Diego again next week so there's another 750-800 miles.

Only issue I've had with it since I bought it is the passenger side power window gets stuck sometimes, I knew it had problems when I bought the car, was a little noisy.
I fixed it by unplugging the switch to that window
wink.gif

2011 toyota sienna, 38k
2014 toyota camry, 12k
2008 toyota corolla, 45k
2007 kia spectra, 141k, going to the scrapyard once prices are up.
2002 subaru impreza, 192k
1995 buick century, 151k, delerict
1993 mercury sable, unknown, delerict

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
2011 toyota sienna, 38k
2014 toyota camry, 12k
2008 toyota corolla, 45k
2007 kia spectra, 141k, going to the scrapyard once prices are up.
2002 subaru impreza, 192k
1995 buick century, 151k, delerict
1993 mercury sable, unknown, delerict

Did you mean derelict?

I didnt plan on it but picked up another 1999 4runner sport today for $750. It has 250K miles on it thats about all i know at this point except i drove it to my shop. The guy selling it needed money for xmas and they had another vehicle. I guess im going to flip it later on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back