Tite Reach tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a regular ratcheting wrench or a good ratchet with no play would suffice in all my needs. I have all craftsman ratchets and the fact that I can move them a quarter turn before it engages is a killer in tight spots.

A cordless or air ratchet would suffice for a bit of that. I can see where using that would be really handy for that one super-stuck bolt where an impact would be perfect, if it could be brought to bear.

Probably another thing where it's used only every once in a while for the average DIY'er. And when it's needed, it's more valuable than gold right then.

There is an adapter that snaps into the end of the Gear Wrenches that allows you to put a socket on the end and use it as a ratchet. They have another adapter that snaps into a socket so that you can turn the socket with a wrench.

Tools like this are not common, but they're not uncommon either. Ratcheting screwdrivers come like this from many manufacturers. The old HD husky ones were the best, but others do suffice.

I guess the unique thing with these is the 3/8 and 1/2 sizes.

I can see this being very useful in a lot of places e.g under dashboards, behind cylinder heads, etc. I think I will get one to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back