backup - another 380? or a diff cal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
Isn't safe every day the same as safe all the time?

Only in your mind if you carry a .380.
grin.gif

I've shot gel with .380. I've shot windshields with .380. Ive shot sheet steel (car doors) with .380. Ive shot hogs with .380. I know what it can and can't do. I am 100% confident carrying a .380. If it doesn't perform good, I don't carry it. It performs decent.

Inside the waistband (or on the belt) concealed carry doesn't work for me. AT ALL. I'm stuck with pocket carry (ONLY). We don't have open carry in Florida. It must be concealed. And sticking a Glock 19 on your belt and sticking a t-shirt over it is not considered concealed carry as it sticks out like a sore thumb and everyone knows what it is. I'm stuck with pocket carry. As such, I can conceal a Ruger LCP, a Glock 42, a j-frame snub nose revolver, or a Glock 26, depending on what pants I'm wearing that day. Works for me.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I've shot gel with .380. I've shot windshields with .380. Ive shot sheet steel (car doors) with .380. Ive shot hogs with .380......

There are people who can say much the same thing about the .22 Magnum as well. That in itself doesn't make it the wisest choice for self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back