Purolator BOSS PICS open and can

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high ratings on the Boss seem to be by looking at the can and feeling the weight in the hand. No one has a scale? From the cut open Red, not a lot has changed in the construction except the shiny paint. I know one thing, it is very doubtful the Boss equals the Fram Ultra they are taking from the shelves. First, plastic mesh is not stainless steel mesh, second where are the micron ratings, third have any been analyzed or even cut open?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wow! That's totally different, looks very high quality. Did it say where it was made?

The PBL20195 I just bought says "Made in USA" on the casing.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Why not take a Boss and either dip it in some plastidip, or get a can of spray on bedliner and hit it with that. Would make it pretty grippy.
That or just use a filter wrench to remove it?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD

I mentioned that being a problem in my application. There's very little space to get your hand in there and snake the filter out, let alone get a wrench on it.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
Originally Posted By: BigD1
The efficiency ratings are listed on the Purolator website.

Yes, it says the percent but not at what microns.

Yes my bad. It's a Boss, so expect at least 20 microns!

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I mentioned that being a problem in my application. There's very little space to get your hand in there and snake the filter out, let alone get a wrench on it.
Sorry, I missed that part. Cap wrench? Screwdriver in the side? Channel locks? Remote filter kit? Just discussing options...

Total sham.

No mention anywhere of any ISO test, just "Dirt Removal Power" which they can make up to be anything they want it to be. I am confident from that verbiage however the new filters would catch 99% of golf ball size rocks.
crazy2.gif

More poor business practices from the same company who basically told consumers to pound sand while they quickly rushed a whole new line of filters to market to make it all go away.

Shame on Purolator.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
...second where are the micron ratings...?

+1

It seems to have magically disappeared.

LoL ... It could also be at 40 or 60 or ?? microns for all we know without seeing the real number. If they were proud of the efficiency number with a micron rating, they would have shown it.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Total sham.

No mention anywhere of any ISO test, just "Dirt Removal Power" which they can make up to be anything they want it to be.

Shame on Purolator.

I think my box of Tide says "Dirt Removal Power". But it has enzymes and whiteners, too.

I know my old blue can PSL20195 filters state on the box 99% @25 microns

The Purolator made Bosch Distance Plus I have on the car right now says 99%@40 microns in the literature. It will be the last Purolator product I buy. It is strange the new filters don't reference anything but %. Also it seems people still think the picture of the Mann cartridge element here is what is inside the black can Boss. That paint job cost some money.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
That paint job cost some money.

I must confess that an oil filter is something very unlikely to fail due to rust, therefore; the paint job on an oil filter has no value outside of marketing.

LOL. Looks like marketing got the budget this year. Wonder if they spent any R&D and engineering budget to fix the problems or just slapped some old paint on the pigs and called them good?

i think they also made the oil holes in the center tube a lot smaller maybe to reduce flow...lol

I guess if it don't flow very fast it won't tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back