Liberty Civil Defense 9mm 50gr 2000FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone run this ammo? I visited a Gun shop in the next county over where I have bought a few guns. The owner of the shop is an avid gun enthusiast and shooter and a super nice guy. It is always a pleasure visiting his shop.

Anyway my current carry load is coming up on two years old so I've decided to retire it as a carry load and put it in my stockpile as I do with all my carry ammo after a couple years.

after a conversation with him about carry loads he was telling me he sells the Liberty Civil defense like hot cakes and that many of his customers carry it in their 9's. He said he has sold a lot of it in the last couple years and most people love it. He said it's loud, fast, and super accurate. It fragments and the base will continue and penetrate 12". He said he Chronograph-ed it in a Glock 19 and every shot was over 2000FPS, and most very close to 2100FPS. Energy is rated at 450FP.

I picked up a couple boxes to cycle through my gun, and third to load with if it feeds and fires well in my SR9c carry pistol.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Never heard of it or tried it, but 50gr sounds light.

That's how it attains such high muzzle velocity. It's a lead free bullet.

That worthless little cookie cutter bullet will shed velocity like a Badminton Shuttlecock. As was mentioned, stick with well proven self defense ammo. Call your local police and ask them what they use. Then buy plenty of it to make sure it's reliable in all of your self defense pistols. That's what I did. Here's 2,000 rounds of Speer Gold Dot. Excellent ammunition, and cycles through everything I've got that's 9 MM.

If this won't stop the threat, I should have had a rifle.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: CT8
Doc GKR is a expert in ballistics he say...e post#4 and #7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr6h44Pu4sM

this is why I believe it isn't as weak as many think. Im not 100% sure i will carry it. I generally carry Hornady 147gr XTP, which is "heavy" and slow.

Well the same can be done with old com block pistols with a magazine full of 7.62 Tokarev loaded to the hot sub gun military specs. Even the loaded down commercial stuff usually defeats the body armor LEOs use.

I visited a Gun shop in the next county over... after a conversation with him about carry loads he was telling me he sells the Liberty Civil defense

There you go. I highlighted the bold, important part. He recommends it, because he sells it, and makes a profit on it.

Many folks in the know would recommend you something that at least meets FBI penetration guidelines. Would recommend an ammo that has been extensively tested. That is widely used. And widely distributed to law enforcement officers nationwide.

Liberty Civil defense is a boutique ammo. Its not a serious contender and should not be loaded in your gun for defensive use. Sorry to say, but you bought really expensive target ammo.

Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, and Winchester Ranger are what you want to look at. Or anything listed on this list:

https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I visited a Gun shop in the next county over... after a conversation with him about carry loads he was telling me he sells the Liberty Civil defense

There you go. I highlighted the bold, important part. He recommends it, because he sells it, and makes a profit on it.

Many folks in the know would recommend you something that at least meets FBI penetration guidelines. Would recommend an ammo that has been extensively tested. That is widely used. And widely distributed to law enforcement officers nationwide.

Liberty Civil defense is a boutique ammo. Its not a serious contender and should not be loaded in your gun for defensive use. Sorry to say, but you bought really expensive target ammo.

Speer Gold Dot, Federal HST, and Winchester Ranger are what you want to look at. Or anything listed on this list:

https://www.ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/

They also sell many of the loads you listed. They were priced about the same, so he makes money off of all of them.

Thank you for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back