Safety and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, you locked all the doors and windows, thats good.

Now, where is your weapon of choice. Of course it is in your bedroom or living room where you can get to it in less then 5 seconds, good. Now , is it loaded,,dumb question, but check it anyway. If you have an alarm system , turn it on too. Have a nice evening, its time for ice cream..lol

Guns...Check
Doberman Pinchers...Check
Medeco Locks On the solid doors...Check
Cameras...Check
Gated Community..Check

Oh No!! We are out of ice cream!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Guns...Check
Doberman Pinchers...Check
Medeco Locks On the solid doors...Check
Cameras...Check
Gated Community..Check

Oh No!! We are out of ice cream!

Lol,,,,I really like the Doberman deal, nice touch, they can take a bite our of crime for sure...as for being out of icecream, there is always tomorrow.....

Every doberman I ever had was a creampuff, as is my current American Bulldog. It was the chihuahua you had to look out for. Vicious little psycho...

edits- cannot spel toda

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Always keep loaded magazines in your guns. NEVER keep a bullet chambered in them.

I keep my pistols chambered. All the long guns are empty when in the house. The rule for our house is

1. Assume its loaded and chambered until you verify despite anyone saying it's empty.
2. All pistols are chambered and loaded, if its in the gun safe, its hot. If you use it, return it loaded and chambered to the safe.
3. All guns are secured( except those on my person) when guests are present, whether children are present or not.
4. We never discuss outside out family where guns are when they are out of the safe.
5. No gun is handed to another person whether loaded or empty.
Its laid down, and the other person picks it up. Prevents dropping. That person then will verify the condition(i.e. Loaded or not).

6. Tactics are rehearsed i.e. stranger at the door, back door, break-in occurring etc. Especially with my wife so there is a basic plan rather than Oh what do i do?
7. Trust the dog, if the Shepard is barking, check it out.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Neighbourhood where nothing bad has happened in 50+ years.
Check.

Island surrounded by water.
Check.

Gin and Tonic.
Check.

Good night, sweet dreams.

Always keep loaded magazines in your guns. NEVER keep a bullet chambered in them.

Wow. Really?

Originally Posted By: spasm3

I keep my pistols chambered. All the long guns are empty when in the house. The rule for our house is

1. Assume its loaded and chambered until you verify despite anyone saying it's empty.
2. All pistols are chambered and loaded, if its in the gun safe, its hot. If you use it, return it loaded and chambered to the safe.
3. All guns are secured( except those on my person) when guests are present, whether children are present or not.
4. We never discuss outside out family where guns are when they are out of the safe.
5. No gun is handed to another person whether loaded or empty.
Its laid down, and the other person picks it up. Prevents dropping. That person then will verify the condition(i.e. Loaded or not).

6. Tactics are rehearsed i.e. stranger at the door, back door, break-in occurring etc. Especially with my wife so there is a basic plan rather than Oh what do i do?
7. Trust the dog, if the Shepard is barking, check it out.

Now that is good stuff, ty...

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

Now that is good stuff, ty...

I failed to answer some of your questions earlier.
I keep a gun out of the safe when we are home. My wife keeps a gun in what ever room she is in, when i'm not home.
I always keep a gun out of the same when i'm home during the weekday. Break-ins happen during the day, i don't want to be sitting on the sofa in the middle of the day with no gun if the front door gets kicked in.

I for got to mention, its good to keep a/the phone near your firearm. If you need the gun, you also need the phone.

Originally Posted By: AandPDan
All I can say is that it must really suck to live in fear all the time.

I agree, those who live in fear are unprepared. For me, a firearm is a tool like a flashlight, a cell phone or pocket knife or my seatbelt. People don't constantly worry about car accidents, yet they wear a seat belt, or buy a car with airbags.

Last edited:
i would not know how it is to live in fear i have everything covered as you can see by my list... But you should always be ready just in case... I live in a very safe gated community in a very nice area but you never know!
Both my wife and i carry when we go out these days..I started again in May she never leaves her heater home.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i would not know how it is to live in fear i have everything covered as you can see by my list... But you should always be ready just in case... I live in a very safe gated community in a very nice area but you never know!
Both my wife and i carry when we go out these days..I started again in May she never leaves her heater home.

Well, okay. One more reason to avoid New Jersey.

For the gun owners, how many of you are trained and maintain proficiency?

I haven't fired a weapon in almost a decade, and wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a weapon in the house unless I spent a good deal of time at the range.

I would also keep the weapon in a safe, so my son can't access it. If someone breaks in I feel like I'd have time to get to it. If not, then other options might work better in close quarters.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
For the gun owners, how many of you are trained and maintain proficiency?

I haven't fired a weapon in almost a decade, and wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a weapon in the house unless I spent a good deal of time at the range.

I would also keep the weapon in a safe, so my son can't access it. If someone breaks in I feel like I'd have time to get to it. If not, then other options might work better in close quarters.
I practice weekly to bi weekly
About 7000 rounds a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back