Getting Calls from All Over the Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting phone calls from all over the USA on my cell phone.

Just about every State with their local area codes AND 877 numbers.

I do not want to answer, as maybe they'll call even more! I keep blocking, but they keep coming from other numbers.

It's 3-5 PER DAY!
mad.gif

Anyone else? What's going on?!? How can I stop them?

The DNC registry is pretty much useless since many spam calls originate from overseas but use spoofed US numbers. Don't answer any of the calls because many of them are robo-dialed and once the computer realizes your number is indeed active, it'll keep calling. If it gets really bad, consider switching your phone number.

I use a program called Phone Tray Pro. I choose what calls to block and then after I set up a block it zaps the call after the first ring. Best money I ever spent.

I block every single call from every single number I dont want calling me. I just log into my phone account, add the number, and blocked. They may change their numbers often, but at least you will catch the ones that continue to use the same numbers. I used to get a ton of calls and now I get zero.

If it gets really bad, it might be worthwhile to just change your number.

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Sprint? :p

Has nothing to do with the service provider.

They're telemarketers. They're somewhere here in the U.S. sitting in a phone room trying to scam you out of money and into buying some product or service. The dialer on the computer calls from different phone numbers that aren't traceable, you can't call the numbers back.

The do not call list does nothing.

How do I know this? I was one of those telemarketers over the summer. Almost everyone I called said they were on the Do Not Call List, as if that means anything. Obviously it didn't stop my 700+ phone calls I made a day.

When you answer and ask them to remove you from the list, it's highly possible they can't. There wasn't a feature for us to remove the number from the computer system.

I quit after a little over a month when I realized just how much of a scam it was. The week after I left the government raided the place.

Did you buy any ED drugs from an offshore pharmacy?? I'm kidding but at the same time not. I had a friend who used an offshore pharmacy like that once and he was called 3-5 times a day for several weeks by different telemarketers...many being the same company but using different numbers. IMO, the Do Not Call List is more a "feel good" measure than actually effective if someone doesn't want it to be.

If there was a similar recent purchase where your phone number was farmed out to different companies that have overseas operations, I can potentially see that generating this type of calling. In my friend's case, they apparently had multiple state area codes and numbers that appeared but were not located there but in India.

Originally Posted By: Turk

I do not want to answer, as maybe they'll call even more! I keep blocking, but they keep coming from other numbers.

It's 3-5 PER DAY!
mad.gif

we get double that amount every hour!

Originally Posted By: mclasser
The DNC registry is pretty much useless since many spam calls originate from overseas but use spoofed US numbers. Don't answer any of the calls because many of them are robo-dialed and once the computer realizes your number is indeed active, it'll keep calling. If it gets really bad, consider switching your phone number.
This ^ These slime show up on caller ID as another number, thus making it hard to trace and complain. "Hi, this is Bleepknuckle..can you hear me ok" and it's all a recording. Say anything and the slime know it's a live number, so don't. There are also databases of commonly used slime numbers on the net so you can check them out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142

It's 3-5 PER DAY!
mad.gif

You get 6-10 scam phone calls per HOUR??

Really??

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: mclasser
This ^ These slime show up on caller ID as another number, thus making it hard to trace and complain. "Hi, this is Bleepknuckle..can you hear me ok" and it's all a recording. Say anything and the slime know it's a live number, so don't. There are also databases of commonly used slime numbers on the net so you can check them out.

Yes, this is what I think may happen if I answer. ANY of those numbers!

Originally Posted By: Chris142

It's 3-5 PER DAY!
mad.gif

You get 6-10 scam phone calls per HOUR??

Really??

Constantly! Mostly Google trying to sell me internet space.

It's 2.38P right now. I opened @ 7:30A. I've had 14 telemarketer calls since 7:30 according to my phone that records all calls and numbers.

Actully pretty slow today lol. I have had days where it rings every 5 minutes.

Its so bad I don't pick up out of state numbers anymore. Luckily my phone has a block feature so I throw the number right on block.

When I'm bored I yell at them, I had an Indian guy the other day I told him I wanted to [censored] his GF/wife.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
I had an Indian guy the other day I told him I wanted to [censored] his GF/wife.

Haha AWESOME!! You should've said "Yeah bro I've got your girl here at my pad naked as we talk" :p Middle Eastern women are HOT too!!
laugh.gif

I had an Indian guy call claiming to be from Microsoft, I told him what he could go do with himself. He immediately flew off the handle and started screaming about what he was going to do to my Mother. I found it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back