Looking for a budget handgun? Step on in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
.... Basically, the gun is a clone of the Walther P99 AS (anti-stress) trigger. You can use the decocker, and it will decock the gun, giving a 9-10 pound double action trigger, and then a single action 5 pound trigger with each subsequent shot. Or if you don't decock the trigger, your first shot is in AS mode. Hard to explain, but basically its the same long trigger pull of the double action, but breaks at about 5 pounds instead of 10, with each subsequent shot being single action 5 pound trigger. I wasn't sure about it at first, but after playing with it for a while, I recognize its genius. Basically, there is no reason to use the decocker on the pistol as the first AS style trigger pull is long and safe. ....

It's been years since I shot my P99AS, but, IIRC, you can also go from the "decocked" condition, to the AS condition, by pulling the slide back about a third of an inch. Does the Canik do this also?

I have Sarsilmaz and Stoeger turkish made handguns. Both are good quality.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
We can bloviate all we want but he's putting lead downrange breaking in his choices!
No one is recommending guns to bubba. He's owns tons of guns and shoots all the time. Did you even read my post. If you did, what was wrong or controversial? Please, break it down for me.

Not aiming at you. I'm as guilty as anyone.

Originally Posted By: Win
It's been years since I shot my P99AS, but, IIRC, you can also go from the "decocked" condition, to the AS condition, by pulling the slide back about a third of an inch. Does the Canik do this also?

Yes, if you have the trigger in the cocked, single action mode, if you pull the slide back a 1/4 inch or so, the trigger resets to the AS condition.

having a weapon is great, note: can you get to yours in under 10 seconds, do you know where it is in your home, have you clean it, oiled the slide, or the receiver and so forth.

Originally Posted By: totegoat
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Ruger P95

Simple, reliable, and no safety.

I have (2) P95s and they both have a safety. I like my P95s as they are really good guns and I bought them for a really good price.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
having a weapon is great, note: can you get to yours in under 10 seconds, do you know where it is in your home, have you clean it, oiled the slide, or the receiver and so forth.

I'm not sure who you are aiming that towards, but since I started the thread, I'll respond.

I can get to a gun from anywhere in my house in 3 seconds. I know where all the guns are. They are all spotlessly clean, lubricated, and ready to go. I keep a spreadsheet that tells me last time a gun was fired, last time it was cleaned, what oil was used on it, how many rounds have been fired through it, if the sights are dead on or need adjustment, etc. I'm not your average gun owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back