JS Asakashi Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these high quality Japan made filters. Now if shipping was not so much I would give these a try.

http://www.js-filter.com/home/events/12

Oil Filters

An engine running on dirty oil won't last. Keep it clean with JS ASAKASHI Oil Filters. It helps to capture harmful contaminants that can harm your engine before they can affect the performance, and life span of your engine. Oil Filter should not just filter engine oil but should do it with high level of efficiency without blocking oil flow and should preserve its quality for sufficient period of time. Efficiency very much depends on the quality and size of filtration media.

Using Plate spring and M-pleating of pleating media gives extended filtration area for compact size filters required by new vehicle manufacturers.

Parts of JS ASAKASHI Spin-on Oil Filter

Heavy-duty Case of drawn steel provides longer life and improved durability.
Anti-Drain back Valve - keeps oil in filter to prevent engine from destructive “dry starts”. It stays flexible in extreme temperatures.
Mounting Plate made of heavy gage steel prevents deflection (movement) at the gasket sealing surface and provides strong threaded attachment to the engine.
Inner Element made by "M"- type pleated, prescription-blended filter media provides more than adequate filter efficiency. The element has a controlled porosity blended media to assure complete filtration of the oil.
Plate Spring is used instead of commonly used coiled spring. That allows increasing size of the element within same size of the filer canister.
O-Ring Gasket exterior seal in between the filter and the engine body. Usage of height quality rubber ensures leakage free environment even in extreme temperatures.
By-pass Valve is a spring loaded valve assembly calibrated to certain pressure to prevent engine from becoming dry in case of high contamination of media or extremely low temperatures.

I have tried the air cabin and oil filter. The oil filter feel solid with the thick metal plate, but not sure about the filtration though. The air cabin filter is the one impressed me, it resists bacteria growing better than Bosch one and flow more air. It looks better built than Wix made in Poland, however it does not comes with anti-odour feature.

zmelli: You are at risk of being seduced by a pretty face ( : < ). That ad tells you only about 25% of what you need to know about the filter and the part about pleats is misleading unless you also talk about the composition of the media. Missing info includes type of ADBV (looks like ho-hum nitrile), efficiency, type of media, can construction (it cuold be tinfoil), type of bypass valve, good or bad potting, etc.

The misleading part about pleats only holds if you are comparing identical media. A lofted sythetic media filter (Ultra, Puro Syn, RP, etc) will have few pleats but will actually flow better and have more capacity than a larger amount of cellulose media with more pleats. In other words, if the smaller element in the pic was synthetic, despite being smaller and with fewer pleats it could outflow and have double the capacity of the cellulose media.

Similar things can be true with cellulose media. There is a huge variety of media available. I have see a lists of the stuff the filter manufacturers have to choose from and it ranges from better to worse. Sometimes more pleats and media means the material is so dense that you need to have all that extra area just to have adequate flow and low DP, both in a clean state and towards the end of filter life.

Obviously I don't have any details on the filter shown. It may be a great filter. It might be garbage. The point is you really can't tell all that much from the ads. My goal here is just to get people to look past a nice picture. A true filter connoisseur will want to know a lot more than we got from that ad.

Jim I am totally in agreement with you. This filter may be the same or similar to a P1 or Bosch. The thing is we dont really and there are too many decent filters out there.

Originally Posted By: zmelli
Now if shipping was not so much I would give these a try.
On what? Unless you have a JDM-spec car that requires some unusual filter that only this company makes, there are filters available right here in the USofA that appear better on paper:

FRAM Ultra, WIX XP, Bosch D+, Purolator P1...

Originally Posted By: asand1
I didn't know Singapore was in Japan.

That happened after the big quake!

Contact Details

Asakashi Research Laboratories Inc
1-6-26 ACE Building 601 Higashi-benzai, Asaka-shi
Saitama 351-0022, Japan

Just received These JS Asakashi Honda 15400-PLM-A01 replacement filters from FITINPARTS PTE LTD. They only took two days to get to my doorstep via DHL from Singapore. The amazing thing is that the shipping was only $6.95. 10 Filters shipped $40.21! I still can't believe this pricing. I will run thru one before I cut it for the Forum.

IMG_20191115_145215460.jpg

IMG_20191115_145228010.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, however I change my oil every 3000-4500miles with Castrol EDGE 0-40W. I have not really researched the efficiency vs flow subject. The Website for JS Asakashi states 2 microns filtering of the media. How that transforms to efficiency, I dont know.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zmelli
The Website for JS Asakashi states 2 microns filtering of the media. How that transforms to efficiency, I dont know.

Pretty nebulous efficiency spec if it's not stated as "xx% efficiency at yy microns". I think even an inefficient filter at 20u will capture a few particles down to 2u.

What is the "extra" or are they all "extra"... ?

What was the actual COO?

There is a youtube cut open that includes one of these (different part number) and it doesn't look like a bad filter, but it doesn't look amazing either. That tapping plate, gasket, wrap looks familiar, maybe the Denso and/or Malaysian filter I cut open...

This thread started in 2013 for Japan made filters that ended up being shipped out of Singapore. Who knows where these are really made?

Maybe we will find out in the next update, whenever that is.

Cut one open, seems like a mid-range filter. 4500 miles on the oil, Castrol Edge Euro 0-40wt

IMG_20191116_133314056.jpg

IMG_20191116_133326614.jpg

IMG_20191116_133235150.jpg

IMG_20191116_133253310.jpg

Originally Posted by PimTac
This thread started in 2013 for Japan made filters that ended up being shipped out of Singapore. Who knows where these are really made?

Maybe we will find out in the next update, whenever that is.

I found out that they are made for JS by the ADR group of companies in Indonesia. Yikes, these are not Made in Japan. I think I will run the Hengst!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back