New Weapon Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time ago I purchased a new Primary Arms Gen II Weapon Light. I was extremely satisfied with both it's construction, as well as it's performance. This light is extremely robust in it's manufacture, and very bright. It comes with a very sturdy, built in mounting system, that mounts right up to any standard Picatinny Rail system with 2 thumb screws.

The other day I received an E-Mail from Primary Arms, and noticed they now have introduced their new Generation III Model. It was on sale for $69.00 from $89.99, so I immediately ordered one. This light is simply fantastic! The light itself is the same in appearance and construction as the Gen II Model. The difference is it now comes with the new Cree XM-L2 LED bulb that puts out and incredible 750 Lumens, and is one of the brightest in the industry. Up from the 450 Lumens of the Generation II model.

Last night I took it outside to test it out, and this weapon light literally turns night into day. They advertise a throw distance of 300 yards, and they're not kidding. I had zero problems completely illuminating a 40 foot tall palm tree at that distance, and even beyond. This light gives total illumination at that distance. To the point a person would have no problem engaging a target at that distance. I can't imagine how blinding it would be to be on the receiving end of this light. Especially at closer ranges.

The light comes with a standard push on, push off rear switch. Or it can be had with an optional pressure pad switch that can be mounted in your choice of places. These lights are manufactured in China. With that said, they possess very good quality for the price. Chinese goods have advanced today to the point where we now have both "good China", and "bad China". This is definitely high quality Chinese manufacturing. The anodized coating is very durable, and evenly applied. The light also has a removable mid section that reduces it to 2 cell from 3 cell. (CR-123-A batteries), if you want a smaller profile light. The light is the same brightness, but obviously has a longer run time in the 3 cell configuration.

For anyone looking for a good, high quality weapon light, but don't like the idea of paying Surefire prices, I highly recommend this light. Primary Arms is very good to deal with, and you will not be disappointed in this light's quality, or it's performance. I should also mention it comes in both Black, as well as Flat Dark Earth.

http://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-ultimate-weapon-light-gen-iii/p/kt-pawl-2bkgeniii/

Does it have springs on both ends of the light? Good to hear that the quality appears good.

I use Elzetta, Malkoff Devices, or Surefire as my Weapon lights, and haven't been let down yet, but I pay for that American made quality too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back