Fram Ultra XG3506 Unknown mileage 03 Chevy 1/2 ton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram Ultra off a friends 03 Chevy Silverado 1/2 ton with the 5.3 v8. 273k on truck, unknown mileage on filter and unknown oil. OLM 37% so I'd guess 6-7k. Looks pretty good, he just bought the truck 4k miles ago so this is the first change he has had done, so he brought it to me. Enjoy.

Previous owner used an Ultra ... good sign the truck was cared for.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I think he said previous owner was a mechanic of some sort. I looked the truck over some. It had some new stuff on it. Other then some rocker rust (which is normal for here on a 12 year old truck) it looked pretty nice.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

+1 fram ultra on a used car sounds good to me

+2 I am thinking that someone who pays some attention to detail is good to get a car from too.

Looks good as much as i can see... Any tears or anything else that stands out?
It took a while but i am liking the Ultra so far.

12 yrs old and 273k on the clock and still willing to use an ultra shows he took pride and care for it. Those 5.3s are great and known for putting up high miles and from the looks on the inside of the filter the engine should be pretty clean. Engine should be good for quit a while and it's probably on its second if not third trans by now if it's 4wd I'd be looking close at the transfer case. Known to rub threw.

Originally Posted By: tratman2000
12 yrs old and 273k on the clock and still willing to use an ultra shows he took pride and care for it. Those 5.3s are great and known for putting up high miles and from the looks on the inside of the filter the engine should be pretty clean. Engine should be good for quit a while and it's probably on its second if not third trans by now if it's 4wd I'd be looking close at the transfer case. Known to rub threw.
Original tranny I think but transfer case had been replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back