error 522

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to use my phone, but on pc, i get error 522
....website is offline. Showing host error to Dallas but from Dallas to my pc, it's working fine. Weird how my phone works on this forum but not pc.

Its a hosting issue with the provider Cloudflare that crops up occasionally. I was getting it a couple times a day for about a week.. now I havent seen it for a month.

Well, this has been going on again, and virtually constantly for the last three days.

qyMxBz.png

7EXFEl.png

Oddly enough, it's working fine from my office's ISP fairly often, but these errors have been constant from my home ISP for days. Yes, the cache is cleared. Yes, I have tried rebooting my modem, and whatever other little gems that "techs" come up with. I use the same DNS, OpenDNS, for both systems, too.

It's clearly not just the website, since there have been plenty of threads and posts over the last while. And, it's clearly not the ISP, since it's able to reach CloudFlare. Am I to assume that CloudFlare is like every other tech company and has a skeleton staff on at Christmas, with that skeleton staff being the least likely to have the expertise to tackle the problem?

Bump as this is still happening to me from home and has for well over a week now. I cannot get onto the forum from home, getting the above errors, regardless of whether I'm on a Linux system, a Windows system, or the PS3, even.

Garak,

The message from CloudFlare is a bit deceiving. If CloudFlare weren't able to reach the BITOG server, then everyone would have the same problem. Can you send me the Ray ID via [email protected]

Wayne

All,

I've made a change on the CloudFlare service that hopefully will help.

Wayne

I'm still struggling, Wayne. I'm going to try a couple other DNS providers, to be sure, and maybe run a traceroute, and see what else I can come up with. Is CloudFlare like the only service that allows intermittent outages based upon ISP geography?

All,

I believe the 522 error has been fixed. If anyone else sees a 522, please let me know.

Thanks to Garak for helping figure this out.

Wayne

Wayne, just got one, FYI (and I sent you the Ray ID to the e-mail you provided earlier). If you need a traceroute or anything else, let me know.

Error 502 Ray ID: 287e13e390c30d0d • 2016-03-23 01:23:24 UTC
Bad gateway
You
Browser
Working
Atlanta
CloudFlare
Working
www.bobistheoilguy.com
Host
Error
What happened?
The web server reported a bad gateway error.
What can I do?
Please try again in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back