Best Engine Cleaning Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mystic
There are three re-runs here. One is staying completely quiet as far as I know. Mori has them convinced at an Audi website that he is the motor oil authority so I don't know why he does not just stay at that website where he can inflate his ego. But maybe he has to get his actual motor oil information here to appear as an expert there.

@Mystic, Thanks for the reply, so which Audi site blog is he on ? For some odd reason I have got you mixed up in this forum with Clever, but having looked at your posts they are a lot less hostile to non additive (Fuel and oil users) and Auto RX or Seafoam users in particular.

@Clever, Yes I use Castrol Classic flush, Moly idle flush (If the owner does not like the age of the old drum!) and even Ceretec or plain Moly. Many classic car owners like a real good clean before winter storage and my friends at Castrol don't make a full range of recommended GTX oils for sale in the UK. Mobil 10/60 EP or Valvoline Maxlife 10/40 are popular, but both expensive, hence the use of bulk GTX 10/40 and various oil additives.

I don't use the MOO you are selling as it does not have a recommended or approved for club rating and is much more expensive than the bulk Castrol flush in the UK. I can get Castrol products at cost, but only buy Moly or Ceretec when I visit Germany or France, as it's expensive in England due to oily postal regulations. I also have to buy gearbox oil in Germany as the Castrol one is not popular with most owners, so I drive all the way to Ulm every few months with a small trailer of oil cans and even buy some German filters.

I half a can of real Moly with 5 ltrs of GTX 10/40 for a cheap option, but use Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 plus half a can of Ceretec for most users. Mobil 1 10/60 EP is the top of the range oil for those who want something thick (Not many), as I have to use Moly stop leak for a few of the heavy oil leakers before the end of the summer. We are trying Valvoline Maxlife 10/40 this year after I figured out from this forum that might be better than using stop leak in some cases. I also buy nice alloy drip pans and get the manufacturers logo etched in for a touch of real class.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BPman
Originally Posted By: Mystic
There are three re-runs here. One is staying completely quiet as far as I know. Mori has them convinced at an Audi website that he is the motor oil authority so I don't know why he does not just stay at that website where he can inflate his ego. But maybe he has to get his actual motor oil information here to appear as an expert there.

@Mystic, Thanks for the reply, so which Audi site blog is he on ? For some odd reason I have got you mixed up in this forum with Clever, but having looked at your posts they are a lot less hostile to non additive (Fuel and oil users) and Auto RX or Seafoam users in particular.

@Clever, Yes I use Castrol Classic flush, Moly idle flush (If the owner does not like the age of the old drum!) and even Ceretec or plain Moly. Many classic car owners like a real good clean before winter storage and my friends at Castrol don't make a full range of recommended GTX oils for sale in the UK. Mobil 10/60 EP or Valvoline Maxlife 10/40 are popular, but both expensive, hence the use of bulk GTX 10/40 and various oil additives.

I don't use the MOO you are selling as it does not have a recommended or approved for club rating and is much more expensive than the bulk Castrol flush in the UK. I can get Castrol products at cost, but only buy Moly or Ceretec when I visit Germany or France, as it's expensive in England due to oily postal regulations. I also have to buy gearbox oil in Germany as the Castrol one is not popular with most owners, so I drive all the way to Ulm every few months with a small trailer of oil cans and even buy some German filters.

I half a can of real Moly with 5 ltrs of GTX 10/40 for a cheap option, but use Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 plus half a can of Ceretec for most users. Mobil 1 10/60 EP is the top of the range oil for those who want something thick (Not many), as I have to use Moly stop leak for a few of the heavy oil leakers before the end of the summer. We are trying Valvoline Maxlife 10/40 this year after I figured out from this forum that might be better than using stop leak in some cases. I also buy nice alloy drip pans and get the manufacturers logo etched in for a touch of real class.

MOO OIL. You either did it on purpose skyship or you did it because of it being an old habit however there is only one poster that has ever use the term MOO in reference to mmo and that's skyship.
You've exposed yourself in 6 posts skyship/Swissdieselfan/Bodensee and bpman.
More like [censored]-man.
Do inform us how's that testing you've been doing working out. Have you managed to move out of your moms basement yet.
SKYSHIP EXPOSED AGAIN. MODS BE ADVISED

BPman I did not reply to you I replied to demarpaint. And it is not Clever, it is Clevy.

I can think of exactly one guy here who has used that term 'moo,' or 'moo oil' when referring to Marvel Mystery Oil. And the only guy I know of who has used that term is Skyship. And I believe that both Bodensee and Swissdieselfan when they were here also used the term 'moo' or 'moo oil' and they all disappeared one at a time, with the new guy who talked exactly the same and with the same message showing up as each one disappeared.

And Skyship also talked about Castrol engine flush as being one of the acceptable engine flushes and he talked about trying Ceretec inspite of his typical message about reading the owner's manual, using high quality motor oil, not using any oil supplements, and using only approved engine flushes. And Skyship also seemed to be a big LM fan.

In this long post by you I think anybody here could compare how you write with how Skyship, Bodensee, and Swissdieselfan wrote their posts.

BPman if you are Skyship we already know the message. We have been told it so many times we have it in permanent memory. Read the owner's manual, use high quality motor oil changed at reasonable intervals, don't use oil supplements, and use only approved engine flushes. Except at the end Skyship seemed to be willing to try oil supplements himself. And I have tried some oil supplements and other supplements that did work for me. If I want to try an oil supplement it is my money and my car.

Now the question is, do we have two Mystics and no Clevie, OR two Clevers and no Mystery?

Why do you think I am Skyshoot, as he was no Shell Ultra fan and I use mostly Ultra as it's cheaper? The British think MOO oil is the correct name, although I did think Skysharpshooter was funny when talking to trollers.

I just read something from Clover that said he likes Liqui Moly products and we agree 110% on that point, as I'm pulling 50 kgs of their cans today back home. Sunday is a great day for the return to see the Normandy beaches, so I'm off until the weekend, but cary on trolling for trollers and modding for moderators, BUT try and see if it can be moved to the humurous section!

I have been here ten years and all of those ten years my user name has been Mystic. There are two or three guys here who have been here with four or more user names.

Not Clevie, or Clevers, or Mystery, or Clover. And not Skyshoot.

Clevy is the user name of one poster here.

And as it has been for ten years, my user name is Mystic.

Yes, you are right. Unless this guy gets tired I suppose we will have to tolerate this for years. But it seems to me that somebody would get tired of getting banned and then coming back again and again with new user names.

Hey, I already beat him to his typical message. A message that he does not follow himself, since he is willing to use oil supplements like Ceretec.

I have an 86 Pontiac parisienne with a 305 4 bbl and I was have a little blue smoke at start up it is not burning much oil at all and not leaking a drop. I thought to flush the motor but did not know what product to use.

Originally Posted By: adama
I have an 86 Pontiac parisienne with a 305 4 bbl and I was have a little blue smoke at start up it is not burning much oil at all and not leaking a drop. I thought to flush the motor but did not know what product to use.

Have you tried a high mileage oil to possibly improve valve guide seal condition, worn guide seals will often give a puff of smoke on start up. Sometimes the only way to fix leaking guide seals is to replace them. Mobil 1 High Mileage Full Synthetic adverts claim to clean engines, many here agree.

Have you removed a valve cover see if that part of the engine is clean and oil pan to check oil pump screen, maybe the engine doesn't need a flush. Gumout Multi System Tune Up with PEA polyether amine would be my choice if you want to flush the engine.

https://gumout.com/multi-system-tune-up/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back