Cars in San Francisco a few years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly as [censored]

SHORPY-773A.jpg

Last edited:
Jack, it appears that you and I have very different meanings of the phrase "a few years ago"...

i was expecting something from THIS century, not the first half of the last one...

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Have you seen this collection of pictures of cars in and around San Francisco a few years ago?

I guess I don't see the big deal. It's a site that sells vintage photos. There are lots of them out there.

Originally Posted By: Ratchetgrinder
Originally Posted By: eljefino
SHORPY-488-01A.jpg

Does it have power steering? where do I plug in my iPod?

Is that a hybrid?

Clearly they did not understand the part of modern trailers that actually bent up when unloaded. That truck is sagging due to overload or under designed.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Have you seen this collection of pictures of cars in and around San Francisco a few years ago?

I guess I don't see the big deal. It's a site that sells vintage photos. There are lots of them out there.

I made no claim that this site was a "big deal" just a site with some old photos of cars among all the other photos. It's possible that others are not as aware as you when it comes to vintage photos and they might find this site interesting. It's possible that some viewers browsed this site without leaving a comment and enjoyed the experience even though it was not a "big deal".

Originally Posted By: supton
Looks like some nice old photos.

If you want more car photos, if you go over to the HAMB site, they have a page (lots of pages really) of vintage photos. This link goes to page 1, but I suspect you might want to start at the end and work backwards, as it's a six year old thread and a number of photos probably have broken links.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-shots-from-days-gone-by.428585/

Thanks, great site.

Did you see the picture of "Christine"?

Yeah, I came across that thread somehow a few years ago--probably killing time. Guess I haven't quite been able to kill the car guy in me. Anyhow, a few thousand pages of some times gone by and some cool machines.

OneEyeJack, I saw the movie Christine years and years ago; or did you mean there was a photo of it in that thread? I might have seen it in the thread, but would have forgotten by now.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: Ratchetgrinder
Originally Posted By: eljefino
SHORPY-488-01A.jpg

Does it have power steering? where do I plug in my iPod?

Is that a hybrid?

Clearly they did not understand the part of modern trailers that actually bent up when unloaded. That truck is sagging due to overload or under designed.

I bet it is flat and doesn't need to bend upwards to hold any weight the truck can carry. No light weight materials that need to be doctored there. The picture gives an illusion by the curve of the bed.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Jack, it appears that you and I have very different meanings of the phrase "a few years ago"...

i was expecting something from THIS century, not the first half of the last one...
The last century ended 16 years ago. Do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back