Who Makes NAPA Brake Pads>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shop just put a set of NAPA semi-metallic fronts on my Police Interceptor, and I was curious who makes them for NAPA?

Any help greatly appreciated...
grin.gif

I purely speculate NAPA like Federated Auto Parts gets there brake parts from Brake Parts Inc.

The Federated use of Brake Parts/Raybestos I know for sure.

Brake Parts Inc in turn is the umbrella for Raybestos.

are federated brake pads any good? I had my brakes on the Taurus done at my tire shop and they used federated brake pads, I just had the rotors resurfaced at belle tire, but the brakes are still squealing but they said my pads were about at half life and don't need changing. so why are they squeaking/squealing? and are federated brake pads any good? thanks. how long do they typically last?

Have these pads always squeaked since new? Some semi-metallic pads tend to squeak a little. It's a feature not a bug.

Originally Posted By: outrun
I purely speculate NAPA like Federated Auto Parts gets there brake parts from Brake Parts Inc.

The Federated use of Brake Parts/Raybestos I know for sure.

Brake Parts Inc in turn is the umbrella for Raybestos.

Federated buys from Wagner, as does AutoValue/Auto Parts Alliance.

The only way to find out is via the edge codes on the friction and looking that up against the AMECA lists.

how are akebono brake pads? belle tire uses these
what about federated? i have federated ones from the goodyear tire place i go or went to which offers the cheap kelly edge tires.

how do napa/auto parts store brand brake pads compare to akebono brake pads; which is better? how about federated?

Some Napa pads are made by Akebono.

If you really want to know, go onto Napa's website, look up the Brake pad for your application, and then pull up the MSDS. It will state the manufacturer.

For my truck, they have pads made/supplied by:
Shangdong Gold Phoenix
TRW
Rayloc / BPI
Akebono / Rayloc
BPI
Fed Mogul /BPI

The taurus now has the "low brake fluid" warning on the instrument panel. I looked the the fluid level, there was still fluid in the reservoir, while it didn't look to be dangerously low, it wasn't at the highest level too. So if I top it off, will the warning go away and what caused the brake fluid to leave the system?

Does using ABS and ESC waste brake fluid? I drove through the snowstorm (but just for a short period of time, 20 miles, not terribly long) but my ABS made the grinding noise it does in the snow as well as ESC quite a few times, Did that use all of my brake fluid, or might there be a leak? I didn't notice a leak before and it just started going off yesterday, the day after the snowstrom when the roads have mostly been cleared.

I just bought NAPA premium pads and they were made in India. The cheap ones are Chinese. They work well, but next time will look for American made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back