Meg's Paint Protect (new product)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok, Thanks for the clarification. I was just inquiring, not criticizing, OK??

(--I just associated the word "buffing" with repeated circular or otherwise movements to make a wax that has been dried to haze, until it is glossy.)

--Oh and is a MF cloth or a foam applicator best for applying this stuff?

Last edited:
So I used this today on wife's '14 Mazda6
(After doing ONR wash, clay with nanoskin sponge).

[That Mazda6 is a BIG car with a LOT of surface - I am going to be hurting tomorrow. Ugh! took me hours to do ONR wash/clay/sealant. (I did take breaks in between) ]

QUICK IMPRESSIONS:
Easy to apply and easy to wipe off, but I wish the bottle was a spray bottle. It's spout cap kinda thing, and wastes product trying to get it onto applicator.

I felt I could have applied somewhat less but I used it with a MF appliactor and wasted some due to absorption by the applicatoer itself.

Pretty impressed with the shine and slickness. More so than the Blackfire Crystal seal, at least to the touch, right after finishing.

-Am I correct in understanding that this is a final layer product?
-should / can it be topped off with a wax? Any potential benefits in doing so?
-As of now, I have left it alone, but am curious to know what others think...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
-Am I correct in understanding that this is a final layer product?
-should / can it be topped off with a wax? Any potential benefits in doing so?

Yes, final layer. Chances are it's a polymer/synthetic so you can top off using a non-cleaner carnauba. The benefit would be ensuring full coverage. Instead of topping though, I would just apply another layer sometime after. Either next day or next week whenever you feel like it. Most synthetics that say they crosslink are usually fully done after 24 hours. Yes, the newer ones don't require much time at all, but my arms need a break and 24 hours is plenty.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Thanks - wife drove it today (It sat for about 14 hours after applying the sealant) Car is still pretty clean.
Probably just dust on it.

I guess I can wipe it off quickly with some QD and then apply the 2nd coat of Meg's sealant?

I still haven't tried mine yet, but would like to. My problem is I keep grabbing the Colonite 476 or 845, or Menzerna Sealant instead.

It's available at Wal Mart - saw it this weekend and was curious about it too. It's looks like car soap in the bottle, very liquid.

My dad bought some, I'm trialing it on one of my cars right now. Personally, I'm not into it. I buy products for looks and or UV protection, it doesn't add too much for looks and I am unsure of the UV protection. I can tell you that it will not last a year even if I never wash the car. For the price I will be impressed if I get 6 months from it.

Originally Posted By: MKZman
Some will claim the Meg's is not lasting as long due to the lack of strong beading and fast water removal. The beading is not very tight. The test is if it changes over time.

Such a common misconception that tight beading equates to the quality of the product. As a passionate detailer what I really want is sheeting rather than beading.

I am really impressed with this product. I put it over the top of Colonite 845 and the results are pretty darn impressive to me. I wasn't expecting much from it at this price point but I was open minded. It is somewhat difficult to remove though. It also works well with a mixture of 1oz ONR and 1oz of this in a 32oz spray bottle with distilled water as a spray detailer.

Had no time for a re-coat. I just did a layer of Optimum Car Wax over the Meg's PP.
Should be good at least for a few months.. (?)

Originally Posted By: rodinator1234
I am really impressed with this product. I put it over the top of Colonite 845 and the results are pretty darn impressive to me. I wasn't expecting much from it at this price point but I was open minded. It is somewhat difficult to remove though. It also works well with a mixture of 1oz ONR and 1oz of this in a 32oz spray bottle with distilled water as a spray detailer.

I found it very easy to remove, do you clay bar your car?

I didn't clay this time but I've been using a Eagle One nanoskin type mitt. My Mustang is Ruby Red and it wasn't that it was hard to get off as much as it left streaks that I could see on the flat parts in the right angle and I just hit it with a little distilled water spray and it came clear pretty easily then. I did my wife's Mustang and its a race red car, she drove in the rain for several days and I have to say it's amazingly clean the water didn't spot and there is very little road dirt on it from the rain. This stuff is defiantly slick for sure.

Wife has driven it for the 1st time in heavy rain after the wash/nanoskin/Meg's PP/OCW.
Will see how it held up when she gets home.

Last edited:
I had some time and thought I'd give this stuff a try. I washed my van about a week ago and applied the product. The sun is beginning to take its toll on the hood and rear doors, the van is dark blue. The rear doors take get a lot of sun because of the direction they face when I park it under my carport.

The product went on and came off very easy. What I noticed is areas that were dulled by the sun look like the paint was 're-wet'. In other words the shine came back quite a bit as soon as the product touched the areas. They remained looking good even after removing the product. Time will tell how well it holds up, but for my application this product looks a lot better than any traditional paste or liquid product I used on this van.

I like the ease of application and removal. There is no traditional white haze making using it easier to use but it takes a little getting used to.

I did my accord with this stuff, paint on the roof and hood are shot. It made it look normal for a few days, that was it. However, after over a month it is still beading very well in the rain which is impressive.

Originally Posted By: Shark
I did my accord with this stuff, paint on the roof and hood are shot. It made it look normal for a few days, that was it. However, after over a month it is still beading very well in the rain which is impressive.

How many coats did you apply? Mine still looks "better" but I have a feeling the "better" look is not going to be long lived. If we get another mild day I might put on another coat.

Originally Posted By: Shark
One heavy coat. I didn't even wipe it off.

Thanks, I might give that a try on the back doors.

Wife's car has been through a lot of heavy rain after I applied Meg's PP, (topped with OCW), at least 5-6 times (roughly 10-12 hrs of driving in heavy rain and some muddy / dirty areas on the road) and it still pretty shiny and even feels really slick to the touch...
So far I am impressed. The dirty / muddy water spots on obvious areas (behind wheel wells) easily wiped off with a DRY MF towel, and underneath still looks shiny and feels slick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back