Do we have a newly appointed moderator here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BRZED
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Is there a full list of the whole Mod Squad somewhere to be found on this site?

Look at the first 4 pages of the members list and most mods will be listed. Helen (Admin/owner) doesn't post much, but she still probably moderates.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/8/like/-1/page/1

So that means there may be mods who were appointed at later times. That's why I wanted to know if thre's a complete roundup of the Mod Squad.

Haven't found any such convenient list. I doubt there have been any newbie mods hired on lately.

You can work backwards starting on page 915 to look for newer members with mod status that have posted a time or two. Could be a new mod hasn't posted once and is just moderating. Note that from mid page 915 to page 2192 all those members have zero posts. Lots of members that have never posted. Even by page 700, those members have only posted two times.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/8/like/-1/page/915

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Haha what cracks me up is not the candidate,but that the sticker is directly on the PAINT,haha!! And on top of that,on the paint of an expensive high end Infinity!! :p Paint job is ruined forever.

It is a 2nd gen Infiniti G20 (1998 to 2002). Hardly expensive and hardly high end. It is, at the newest, a 13 year old car worth $2K.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

Haha what cracks me up is not the candidate,but that the sticker is directly on the PAINT,haha!! And on top of that,on the paint of an expensive high end Infinity!! :p Paint job is ruined forever.

It is a 2nd gen Infiniti G20 (1998 to 2002). Hardly expensive and hardly high end. It is, at the newest, a 13 year old car worth $2K.

Yeah I guess the single exhaust should've given it away :p The high end ones always have dual exhaust.

Look at the first 4 pages of the members list and most mods will be listed. Helen (Admin/owner) doesn't post much, but she still probably moderates.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/8/like/-1/page/1

So that means there may be mods who were appointed at later times. That's why I wanted to know if thre's a complete roundup of the Mod Squad.

Haven't found any such convenient list. I doubt there have been any newbie mods hired on lately.

You can work backwards starting on page 915 to look for newer members with mod status that have posted a time or two. Could be a new mod hasn't posted once and is just moderating. Note that from mid page 915 to page 2192 all those members have zero posts. Lots of members that have never posted. Even by page 700, those members have only posted two times.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/8/like/-1/page/915

I'm not going through a member list with 55981entries to track down the Mod Squad. By the by, my heartfelt thanks to Monsieur Quackers for diligently keeping track of membership numbers.

I'm not going through a member list with 55981entries to track down the Mod Squad.

Then it's apparently not very important to know and doesn't really matter who or how many moderators there are. They are gonna moderate and delete threads as they see fit based on the forum rules.

By the by, my heartfelt thanks to Monsieur Quackers for diligently keeping track of membership numbers.

Hardly rocket science ... it's right on the front forum page, left margin.

Forum Stats
56009 Members
66 Forums
240519 Topics
3892816 Posts

All you have to do is click on "STATUS" for the sort (it appears default is post count) as I stated on page 1.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
It's sad that we can't discuss critical issues like politics here, but because we have so many thin skinned whining babies who either start a shouting match, or make personal attacks and subsequently these same idiots go running to mommy or daddy to delete the threads...

Nice job making your point while using yourself as an example...

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I'm with you there. You got a $20K to $50K car, you got a political bumper sticker, and instead of placing it on the rear glass, where it can easily be removed, you put it on the PAINT. How STUPID can a person be?

Get out more often and turn off Foxnews

Guys like you crack me up! You single out Fow News, but say nothing about any of the other lying, garbage spewing news outlets...

I would welcome any and all criticism of my viewpoints .......

That explains why you block people..........

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
If you violate a rule the thread can be pulled.

"i think we have a new mod and I think they bat the same as Jim Thome..." ???

Southpaw?

Originally Posted By: whip

I would welcome any and all criticism of my viewpoints .......

That explains why you block people..........

You are the ONLY one I have ever blocked on this site, and you know the reason why. See my previous comments here in this post.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
This is why I close threads on another car forum instead of deleting them. If the OP opens up another similar one then they get a strike against them. Two many previous strikes then they either get a temporary or permanent vacation. Luckily politics isn't a hot button topic over there.

Plus by leaving the content up it increases advertising rates to advertisers since they want to see an active site. Not to mention if anyone were to buy the site they want to see traffic.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I'm with you there. You got a $20K to $50K car, you got a political bumper sticker, and instead of placing it on the rear glass, where it can easily be removed, you put it on the PAINT. How STUPID can a person be?

A little heat and it comes off. A little gasoline and the remnant adhesive is off. You'd never know. Besides, he may not consider himself a curator of a rare car, eligible for Pebble Beach.

But that car looks like it's around a 2003 model year, so its resale value has to do with if it starts and runs, not on stickers and paint quality. The G20 is the same chassis as the Nissan Sentra, so it's slipped down into "beaterdom".

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
All you have to do is click on "STATUS" for the sort (it appears default is post count) as I stated on page 1.

Aaah, thanks - guess I missed that hint. So there ya go ... 3 Admin plus 5 Moderators. Newest one in the group is SD in Jun 2010.

Plus one undercover black ops contractor.
grin2.gif

It might make the moderator's task easier if folks could at least remain civil to one another, even in disagreement?

Originally Posted By: Hollow
The fact that folks think this place has any leftwing bias...or even much acceptance of non conservative leanings baffles me.

It not just baffles me, but to think so is just downright LAUGHABLE!!!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
The last thing this place needs is a political sub-forum. If you want to talk politics, go elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites out there where you can take sides, cheer for your favorite team, and rip on anyone who doesn't share your views. BITOG doesn't need it, and the mods don't need the headache.

THANK YOU!!!
thumbsup2.gif

(The second most valuable thing stated in this thread.)

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: whip
The nastiness and insults would carry over to the non political post. It can't be done here.

I don't mean to be rude here...but the current "non-political" off-topic section is already political and nasty every single day.
So in reality...we already have that. My suggestion was both a solution and an outlet.

WHY do you feel compelled to have a political "outlet" on an OIL site??
21.gif

As was mentioned many times already there are PLENTY of right wing sites for you to go on and eviscerate those 'd***ed librals' to your heart's content, and get high fives and pats on the back for doing so quite vehemently (even though that very thing already happens on here do to the prevailing worldview of this site).

Same goes for hard core left wingers as well, for those so inclined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back