Will Fans Stop Watching NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
The NFL is simply WWF with a more slick playbook.

It's all rigged, every bit of it.

I highly doubt NFL football is "all rigged". That's more asinine than saying we never landed on the moon. LoL

WWF however obviously is rigged.

The majority of play going on in the NFL IS rigged.

I highly doubt NFL football is "all rigged". That's more asinine than saying we never landed on the moon. LoL

You got some proof beside the conspiracy paranoia bug? Oh, don't tell me ... all the referees are controlled and paid off by the mafia, and all the play reviews are Photoshopped 15 seconds after they are recorded to control the outcome of the games. LoL

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: dave1251
The arrest rate of NFL players is lower per capita is lower then arrest rate of male Americans in the same age group.

NFL players get the headlines because it is low hanging fruit.

It better be, as they are professional sports players who get paid millions of dollars to play a game they supposedly love. Having money and fame like that should give them something in life to be happy about, and lead to living a good positive life that wouldn't lead to criminal activity. But, sadly we have seen this isn't always the case.

They are human I do not know how being in the top .0001% of athletes on the planet should somehow make NFL players better people.

Well, it's true they still are human, but fame, glory and money should certainly help those guys lead a life more down the good path and not a path of immoral and criminal behavior.

Oops, I forgot about OJ ... nevermind!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: gman2304
and the video clearly showing her hitting him 1st,

O.K.?????

Go watch the entire video. She is the 1st to make it physical.
In my opinion this is an ignorannt statement (IMHO..not implying you are ignorant). Obviously she is a tramp and a drunk. But to cold cock her like that when he could have held her at bay with one arm??? Are you remotely serious????? Do you realize how strong (comparatively) this guy is?

I weigh 140 and am 69 years old. I wouldn't have the slightest problem controlling a 120 pound woman.

So to you he was justified????

Last edited:

You got some proof beside the conspiracy paranoia bug? Oh, don't tell me ... all the referees are controlled and paid off by the mafia, and all the play reviews are Photoshopped 15 seconds after they are recorded to control the outcome of the games. LoL

I'd love to hear HOW the NFL is rigged...that would be very difficult to do without making it obvious...

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: gman2304
and the video clearly showing her hitting him 1st,

O.K.?????

Go watch the entire video. She is the 1st to make it physical.
In my opinion this is an ignorannt statement (IMHO..not implying you are ignorant). Obviously she is a tramp and a drunk. But to cold cock her like that when he could have held her at bay with one arm??? Are you remotely serious????? Do you realize how strong (comparatively) this guy is?

I weigh 140 and am 69 years old. I wouldn't have the slightest problem controlling a 120 pound woman.

So to you he was justified????

I don't believe my statement was ignorant. The facts are the facts. She struck him 1st. Twice actually( 2 separate instances with time in between )and then she charged him with clear intent( note how he tried to back away from her and she came after him ). IMO the whole you don't hit a woman thing goes out the window at that point.

Yes and no is my honest answer re: him being justified. IMO if I take all emotion out of it and simply look at who the aggressor is I see it being her and him striking her once, as he backed away trying to defuse as she charged at him, in self defense. People are too focused on the gender of those involved as well as him dragging her out after. Everyone just seems to ignore the fact she went after him multiple times before he defended himself with just ONE blow. He didn't beat on her multiple times, he didn't go after her once down, etc... She was hitting him and charging him and he hit her to stop her; once. She went after him and he has a right to defend himself regardless of his size vs. hers. A small woman can hurt a big man easily with a well aimed kick to the groin, fingernails to the eyes, etc... all while the man tries to restrain her.

Now with that said, I would like to think I would not cold cock her either and instead would try and restrain her or get away from her( hard to do in a closed elevator though - I actually wouldn't have got in it with her after she hit me before getting on to begin with though ). Can't say that I would remain calm enough to do that though in the heat of a long argument where she had already hit me a couple times and then charged at me as I was backing off out of control like that? Maybe I would, simply out of reflex, take one shot at her to back her off? Not being in those shoes it is hard to say if I would do what I would hope I would or if I would revert to basic instinct?

We also have to remember that those 2 get into it, physically, all the time by both of their own admissions. She herself has admitted she starts a lot of it and gives as good as she gets. So it seems to me that having sympathy for her is a big waste of time and emotion as she chooses to stay in that messed up relationship AND frankly she seems to be part of the violence problem as well. I will save my sympathy for real battered women. Not a woman who is a psycho and who instigates a lot of the violence.

Again, I don't consider my statements to be ignorant. I actually consider them well thought out. I take all the evidence into account and leave the PC driven emotion out of it. This was not a case of a man beating a woman. This was a case of a woman hitting a man 2X's then charging him as he backed off which led the man to finally take a shot at her.

I think Rice is a violent guy who most likely is a woman beater. However, his wife is not an innocent victim and thus I have little sympathy for her. Now, if they had just been having a verbal argument and he cold cocked her out of the blue that is totally different. That is NOT what happened in this case.

The concussion issue was a speed bump for the NFL, they agreed to pay $0.75B or so over a period of years. Annual revenue for the NFL is around $9B I think, and growing by leaps and bounds.

There will be some parents that stop their kids from playing youth football, but those are generally the sort of kids that aren't all that physically imposing. The big corn fed kids out in the mid west will continue playing. Its probably the best for everyone if youth football is limited to the bigger & stronger kids rather than trying to make it an all inclusive activity like society is trying to do these days for kids.

The domestic violence issue is a bigger speed bump for the NFL, but still a speed bump. Some players will get suspended and perhaps banned from the league. But the fans will stay, and the NFL will keep on growing.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I'd love to hear HOW the NFL is rigged...that would be very difficult to do without making it obvious...

Antiqueshell will never respond. This is just one more baseless claim in a long line of baseless claims he makes.

Originally Posted By: SeaJay
The concussion issue was a speed bump for the NFL, they agreed to pay $0.75B or so over a period of years. Annual revenue for the NFL is around $9B I think, and growing by leaps and bounds.

There will be some parents that stop their kids from playing youth football, but those are generally the sort of kids that aren't all that physically imposing. The big corn fed kids out in the mid west will continue playing. Its probably the best for everyone if youth football is limited to the bigger & stronger kids rather than trying to make it an all inclusive activity like society is trying to do these days for kids.

Do you have any actual EVIDENCE of this? (Thought not.)

Meanwhile, in the real world, local high schools are having to forfeit games because they cannot field a football team.

Quote:
The domestic violence issue is a bigger speed bump for the NFL, but still a speed bump. Some players will get suspended and perhaps banned from the league. But the fans will stay, and the NFL will keep on growing.

Until the pipeline dries up...which WILL happen.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: grampi

Antiqueshell will never respond. This is just one more baseless claim in a long line of baseless claims he makes.

exactly.he baits people here, and so many fall for it.antique ... I mean gmav, gets off on stirring up feces on so many topics, and many respond in a challenging, and sometimes aggressive manner.antique eats up this stuff, and he always gets a lot of responses.i'll bet that he's lol reading this.
sometimes I respond to his posts, and thank him for a laugh.
this is yet another of "his" threads.

antique ... I mean gmav -- tell me that I'm wrong.

Football is the most popular sport in the U.S. From Pop Warner to professional. In 2012 the NCAA estimated there were 1.1 million high school football players and 70,000 college players. The NFL is a reflection of our culture/society. Good and bad people in every aspect of life. The good far outweigh the bad. Sadly, we tend to focus on the bad. OP, fans will not stop watching the NFL.

http://myfox8.com/2015/11/09/danville-bo...g-packers-game/

Last edited:
The local news is all over this nonsense since the Cowgirls are playing the Bucs this week.

What do you guys want? Dude has already been punished. Is he just never suppose to play again? Are we going to apply this to every job? Can he work at McDs? I'm sure some idiots would be protesting the McDs.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Dude has already been punished. Is he just never suppose to play again? Are we going to apply this to every job? Can he work at McDs? I'm sure some idiots would be protesting the McDs.

Huh?? How has he been punished. He has a clean record and can work anywhere he wants. Is that fair? Not to me its not.

The slime bag wasn't bright enough to restrain a female with 10% of his strength and less than half his weight..lol.

Last edited:
Dude has already been punished. Is he just never suppose to play again? Are we going to apply this to every job? Can he work at McDs? I'm sure some idiots would be protesting the McDs.

Huh?? How has he been punished. He has a clean record and can work anywhere he wants. Is that fair? Not to me its not.

The slime bag wasn't bright enough to restrain a female with 10% of his strength and less than half his weight..lol.

If he has a clean record it means he is not guilty of anything legally and thus he can do what he wants. As far as punishment he was suspended from the NFL and he served his time. Like anyone he deserves his 2nd chance.

That is our system and while not perfect it is the best option out there.

The four game suspension cost him millions of dollars. That sounds like punishment to me.

Go ahead and tell us what his current and future punishment should be. In detail.

Last edited:

The four game suspension cost him millions of dollars. That sounds like punishment to me.

Go ahead and tell us what his current and future punishment should be. In detail.

And don't forget that the NFL actually suspended him for 10 games and it was an arbiter who reduced it to 4. The NFL tried to come down on him hard but were overruled.

BC he has no record..he has every right to work at any place that will employ him. Just like there have been cases of child/woman/man molestation and witnessed by credible people...that have been released bc of legal technicalities or by incompetent juries.

Hopefully you believe OJ should not have been sued bc he was duly judged.."not guilty". Why is he hated???

So in light of his cleared record..his only punishment would be that businesses (including the NFL) don't employ him. And that could have been done right?

I am glad you buy in the Justice System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back