Preventing fog without AC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how race cars without a/c, used in the rain defog their windshields?
21.gif

Yes, many/most do not have side windows to worry about, but some do.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
OP is in Mississippi, where the concrete sweats this time of year.

I drove there for a few years in an old car without air conditioning, and I can't remember this being a problem. My windows do fog up on damp days in VA, warm and cool, but air conditioning takes care of it.

As somebody mentioned, is your A/C on fresh instead of recirculate? Do the windows keep fogging after the system has run for awhile to dry the interior air? I'm stumped otherwise.

The AC is disabled for now.

Yeah, on those cool days that get warm inside the cab, a few seconds of just slightly cool air takes care of it as you say, but without ANY AC, I am looking for a way.

Maybe there is a setting or a coating, but i think you either have to open the window(s) and let the rain in or keep pulling over and towelling the glass.

In the summer is my main concern. In this season when raining, is there any way around having windows up and heat/defrost on? I just worry it may be difficult to breathe or some extreme condition like that of a sauna

I am one of the few guys that run a non-AC car in a very wet and humid climate.

Crack the window, and throw the blower fan on high. It may be handy to keep a rag or some spare McDonald's napkins handy, just in case.

Most of the fogging occurs at low speed anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back