2014 Chevy Equinox - initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed!
What I do dislike most about the new 2010-present Equinox is it's poor, 360 deg visability and the slight clostrophobic feeling on the inside. I rather prefer the open/airy feeling of a Honda with their good/great outward visibility

Thought I might throw out an update. I've had the Equinox for about a year and a half and have put about 45K miles on it.

The thing has not had a single hiccup. It has been returning a steady 25mpg mixed and around 34mpg on a trip I took to NC over the summer. No squeaks or rattles, nothing broken.

Hate the decontenting, though. I picked up a cargo shade off Craiglsist, but the missing roof cargo siderails really irritate me. It's a significant loss in utility and to add them at this point is prohibitively expensive. Forcing the buyer into the LT model to get something so basic for utility is unfortunate.

Otherwise, I gotta say I'm impressed with the thing. The 4 cyl suits it well.

Originally Posted By: pottymouth

Hate the decontenting, though. I picked up a cargo shade off Craiglsist, but the missing roof cargo siderails really irritate me. It's a significant loss in utility and to add them at this point is prohibitively expensive. Forcing the buyer into the LT model to get something so basic for utility is unfortunate.

Yes, I wish they would just put the side rails on all of them. They do the same thing on the Trax. For whatever reason, the ONLY people who ever want or ask about roof rack accessories are people who buy LS models without the side rail provision. Every single time, no exceptions. Of course the salespeople never point that out either. Not a knock on you for getting an LS...just an observation I have made. One time the sales department ended up buying all the parts to put side rails on an LS...it came out to a few hundred $ if I remember right.

The center cut flip out keys are another gripe of mine. People throw fits when they lose them and need a replacement, and find out it's not a few dollars. They are fragile too. Punched through buttons are a common issue. The good thing is replacements are very easy to program, just like the "+" transponder keys were, but not all dealers or even all locksmiths have center cut machines. I use a locksmith to cut them since I don't have a machine for it. I'm supposed to be getting one, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen soon since the machines are very expensive.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car. The I4 is the way to go for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back