16 Triumph Bonneville Line Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
F6BA023B2C79482287AB064A2499E350.jpg

87180C39E3EE4D1C89C01CA76E6FFAA9.jpg

592C9BF9BC5047DDA8B3BCB9C228C762.jpg

I believe Darryl's bike in the previous seasons of Walking Dead was a choppered Bonnie, ratted up to look the part yes?

No idea about the walking dead, never seen it.

These are completely new and include the Street Twin a 900cc water cooled parallel twin.

The T120 and T120 Black with a 1200cc water cooled "Hi Torque" parallel twin.

The Thuxton and Thuxton R with a 1200cc water cooled "Hi Power" parallel twin.

I am 62 years old love motorcycles. I haven't had a M/C since 2002 but have ridden friends a bit and had a couple of quads [Hate them] with the kids when they were little. I look at the motorcycles on the market always and I really couldn't decide on which to buy they are pretty much all wow. Besides I am at the point where I feel I am just too stupid to ride a M/C anymore. But then a GSX 1000 or a Ninja 1400 really tickle me. But then a KTM Cafe racer type puts a smile on my face Or a big twin, maybe a 3 cyl Yamaha. and a Harley 103 is really nice to cruise around on. Maybe a new Sportster, the mini bike for adults. ? How do you pick a bike these days?

Triumph has been hitting a lot of home runs over the past couple of decades with lots of different models. No more leakers or unreliable bike from Triumph, anymore.

Thanks for the heads up on these! As a prior Thruxton 900 owner, I've always had a fondness for the Triumph twins. This new generation looks stunning, and should be a real hit. The Thruxton R is particularly tasty.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I believe Darryl's bike in the previous seasons of Walking Dead was a choppered Bonnie, ratted up to look the part yes?

Yeah but that was a completely different incarnation of Triumph. The Triumph of today started in 1984 after the previous incarnation went belly up. The Darryl chopper was from the earlier era. Likely a 650 or 750 chopped. Those were much much much less reliable, especially when it came to anything electrical.

I am actually a bit saddened they took the lazy route and went liquid cooled on these to meet EU emissions. Oil and air cooling can still be done. Honda proved that with their retro bike, the CB1100 that has similar power to the new liquid cooled 1200 Triumph mill. Hard for me to buy the retro vibe when I cannot see the front of the engine because of a radiator. But the injection system on all but the base Speed Twin was made to mimic the look of old Amal carbs. Styling is good for the most part. Hate the shift to the current master cylinder reservoirs they are using.

Gee-those bikes look about like those of long ago. The styling and plastic 'fairings' on most of the newer mochines don't do much for me.

They'll be a sales hit, for sure. I saw some pics of a Thruxton with a fairing kit, looked awesome! I'm happy they've got ABS now too. I'll definitely be considering one for my next bike
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: hpb
...I saw some pics of a Thruxton with a fairing kit, looked awesome! ...

Thats part of the "track racer inspiration pack", though I'm sure it will be available separately. One article mentions that dealer installed accessories at the time of delivery are covered under the warranty.

2016-Triumph-Thruxton-Bonneville-leak-06.jpg

Be sure to get your waxed cotton jacket out when you order...
grin.gif

Also a post on ADV indicates the will be priced constantly with the 15 line up with the Thuxton R coming in about $13,000.00.

Last edited:
Decent looking bikes. I like old styling. The biggest reason I ride a Harley is American made, but I like the styling about as much. It would def be one of the top of my list bikes I would own.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: hpb
...I saw some pics of a Thruxton with a fairing kit, looked awesome! ...

Thats part of the "track racer inspiration pack", though I'm sure it will be available separately. One article mentions that dealer installed accessories at the time of delivery are covered under the warranty.

2016-Triumph-Thruxton-Bonneville-leak-06.jpg

Be sure to get your waxed cotton jacket out when you order...
grin.gif

Also a post on ADV indicates the will be priced constantly with the 15 line up with the Thuxton R coming in about $13,000.00.

Yeah, that's the one! Love it. Very Ducati-like with that fairing and solo seat.

Originally Posted By: Studebaker
Overweight, boring bike.

Coming from a guy who loves riding an under powered low speed Ural on the other thread, I would take this review with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back