parts plus ph500 11k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off of a 2011 3.7 f150 (not mine ) I started changing oil for a friend and he is horrible at changing oil on time oil out was 6q super tech syn 5w20 used for approximately 11k miles filter media was in great shape but the adbv was hard as could be surprisingly no start up noise i changed the oil to napa dino 5w20 and the same filter

20151018_125523_zpsehz6aizp.jpg

20151018_125617_zpse57xbipy.jpg

20151018_125654_zpsgmfuqumz.jpg

20151018_125702_zpsmzr2cwkl.jpg

20151018_125712_zpsp0lruy47.jpg

Same as Premium Guard,manufactured/distributed by International Distributors.

I dont intend this to be critical..but if your friend is horrible at changing oil out in time, why not use a syn oil and install a fram ultra filter or similar?

I know it isn't a Fram labelled filter because the Wixites would be circling the wagons yelling look at all those fibers sticking out, won't those clog, I don't want that, what is that going to do, engine ticking, engine destruction, etc etc.

Originally Posted By: robo339
Because I'm not his daddy and don't intend on buying his stuff. .... makes for interesting pictures though

Awesome reply!

If you must know why he does not buy expensive oil and filters he is single father who got a bad deal when it came to the divorce so between ungodly child support an taking care of his daughter 90% of the time, truck note,insurance auto renters and health for his family gas food and rent it's pretty hard for him to justify the extra money so I supply free filters and labor he just brings the oil this time I had the napa blue bottle oil since it was on sale not long ago so it cost him 12 dollars for a change

No prob I have a pretty good c+p planned for my kioti dk45hse tractor coming tomorrow probably just gotta get to a wifi Hotspot to download all the pics it has the oil, hydraulic, and Hydrostatic filter and some cross reference numbers for people who can't find them

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
Originally Posted By: robo339
Because I'm not his daddy and don't intend on buying his stuff. .... makes for interesting pictures though

Awesome reply!

x2

Bravo!

Btw if anyone gets offended by my smart a$$ sense of humor toooo bad lol it's all in good fun I just thought it was amazing this 1$ filter took 11000 miles like a champ (no pun intended )

Looks like 11K of heat took it's toll on the ADBV though. If the base is up, probably never heard start noise. Maybe nitrile valve filters should be changed more often, otherwise the filter pleats and all look quite good for the price. Maybe there are different grades of nitrile. Not having tear holes is the main thing.

Yea the heat definitely did some work on that adbv once I pulled it from the base it was very hard and would not return back to its original shape once I messed with it... and it is a side mount filter but I would guess since it's his dd it never had a chance to completely drain out? Or maybe when it's hot it returns to being flexible?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back