Worst car in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I's German!

Not sure if it is the worst, but I would put it down as a contender.

Mods, Why won't my videos embed?

Last edited:
Hilarious. Thanks for posting that.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
You need to use the full YouTube link, not the condensed one.

Thank you.

and thank you Merkava for posting.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
so the trabant didnt even get honorable mention?

Trabant is a fine automobile. You never have to do an oil change on it. Just add 2stroke oil to the gas and you are good to go.

A lot of older cars could qualify. Slow, poor mileage, rough ride, cramped interior (sometimes despite a truly gigantic overall size), no handling, no reliability, etc., etc.

Even the most pitiful of vehicles from the 2000s and 2010s would beat 99% of anything from the '80s and earlier.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The Lada ...

My mother drove one for five years, and the Lada Niva 4x4 before that.

Yes, they were outdated from new but inexpensive, mostly reliable, easy to service and a far better option than walking.

It a shame the reviewer of the Hoffman is such a moron.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The Lada ...

My mother drove one for five years, and the Lada Niva 4x4 before that.

Yes, they were outdated from new but inexpensive, mostly reliable, easy to service and a far better option than walking.

It a shame the reviewer of the Hoffman is such a moron.

I agree about the Lada and the reviewer.

The Trabant and the Lada were both good cars for what they needed to be.

Not to be judged by North American standards of today.
ie the Citroën 2cv is crude by our standards, but was an excellent car for it's time and place.

The Hoffman I would like to lean more about.

I did not like the review (I too thought the guy was a jerk)
but it does seen many aspects of the car's design could have benefited from a little more thought.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME

The value of a Lada was instantly killed in NZ when we opened the door to used Japanese imports...everything else dropped in price too. My mother's KP60 Starlet's insured value dropped from $8,000 to $2,000 overnight.

I had a Samara and a 2104, tough as, but they rusted real bad when compared to the J Imports. One of my daughter's will never live down the day she went to the cop shop and reported the Samara stolen, the cop cracked up laughing and said, ''No, I don't think a Lada would be stolen, where did you park it?'' Towed away from an ilegal park she'd been doing for weeks.

I rode in a number in Cuba with diesel engines I assume of Russian origin. Better than walking? Sure, but not by much.

From Communist-era cars there are ones worse than the Lada. Lada is just the most famous because it was exported to the West, which means it was one of their best cars.

Due to the Fiat origins, which was the European car of the year in 1967, the Lada is a decent car.

I don't have first-hand experience but the Moskvich and Zaporozhets look a lot worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back