Thank you Gena fishbeck and the pennzoil team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got my pennzoil care package from our very generous sponsor here at bitog.
A case of ultra and a used oil analysis kit for blackatone labs.
So I'll be using it in my charger and I'm going to run a 10000 mile interval and a re-badged fram tough guard.
Car is heading to my garage for its winter sleep however I'm going to change the oil to this nectar of the Gods prior to s seasonal rest.
Everyone here knows I use mos2 in every sump fill however in the interest of science and my interest in wanting to have an untainted sample I won't be using any friction modifiers whatsoever during this interval.
The moly count is likely going to be elevated regardless due to the use of mos2 for the past 3-4 years however unless I run a shortish interval of something else as a wash out,and waste a sump fill of good oil(which as everyone knows I hate)I'm stuck with what I've got.
So we can add another mds equipped hemi to the test samples. 10000 miles will likely roll over next fall due to its winter sleep and it being my "nice car" so I don't drive it to work anymore,which would really rack up miles.
Thanks again to the pennzoil team and their generous support to both this community and it's members.
It's the new stuff. I've still got 8-9 jugs of the old ultra So once the data is available I'll use the previous generation ultra and test again and see what comes of it.
It will give us a chance to compare new vs old as far as tbn retention and whatever else can be gleaned.
No oil is better than free oil,and the fact that it's ultra means Christmas came early at my place.
Thanks Gena

and pennzoil.

Some people get all the luck.

I may have missed out on this, but I can at least be content in the knowledge that my huge stash of Pennzoil was virtually free after rebate anyway!

GENA YOU ROCK!!! Just got home from work today & my Pennzoil Insiders Oil Analysis Kit with 6 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 5w20 & the Blackstone kit were also inside. Will be running it here in the Acura within acouple months. Thanks Again Gena & Team Pennzoil!!! Like Clevy said, "awesome early Christmas present!!!"
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Benito
Some people get all the luck.

I may have missed out on this, but I can at least be content in the knowledge that my huge stash of Pennzoil was virtually free after rebate anyway!

I've got a monster stash too but none of the new stuff. I just can't justify paying 75 a jug for oil. If I'm paying that kind of money I'll buy amsoil and have it delivered to my front door.
I still have 8-9 jugs of the old ultra so I figured I'd get the used oil analysis results with the new version then run the old version so we can directly compare the 2 head to head.
I figure in the Interest of having an absolutely untainted sample I'll run a sump full of pyb to wash out the mos2 residue,just so it doesn't skew any used oil analysis results
I'm most interested in the insols though since I run oil filters 3 or 4 times longer than recommended.
I'm also interested in the tbn retention since I'll be running an extended interval. I'm considering taking a sample at 10000 miles to see if the oil is done for or if it's capable of a longer drain in my application.
I drive this car very hard so I'm putting a lot of faith in this 5w-20. I usually use a 0w-40 in the summer but in the interest in data collection I'm using the manufacturer suggested grade. We will see how it hold up to lots of full throttle and high speed operation.

I'd run the old Ultra for 3k first to wash out the LM2009 before using the new Ultra formula for a better UOA assessment. Your stash is huge, do a flush interval.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I'd run the old Ultra for 3k first to wash out the LM2009 before using the new Ultra formula for a better UOA assessment. Your stash is huge, do a flush interval.

There is 0 chance I'm running the old ultra,which retails at 75 bucks a jug for a 3000 mile interval. I just can't do it.
Unless I run it for my usual 10000 miles,as a wash out,then run another interval of old ultra for testing,then run the new stuff to compare.

But then we are looking at 2 years before I get a sample of the new stuff. Gf-6 will be out by then and who says this new oil won't change somewhat so it complies.
Now I'm cool with using pyb for 3000 miles as a wash out but I just can't justify dumping a long life oil for standard intervals. It would make me a hippocrite based on me ripping into folks who waste valuable resources doing exactly this same thing.

I do have some pyb in my stash,5w-30 though not that it matters a whole lot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
How do you get chosen for that?! NOT FAIR
frown.gif

It's called begging. Big time.

Pennzoil even covered the customs charges,which I wasn't expecting. Very classy move.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

There is 0 chance I'm running the old ultra,which retails at 75 bucks a jug for a 3000 mile interval. I just can't do it.
Unless I run it for my usual 10000 miles,as a wash out,then run another interval of old ultra for testing,then run the new stuff to compare.

But then we are looking at 2 years before I get a sample of the new stuff. Gf-6 will be out by then and who says this new oil won't change somewhat so it complies.
Now I'm cool with using pyb for 3000 miles as a wash out but I just can't justify dumping a long life oil for standard intervals. It would make me a hippocrite based on me ripping into folks who waste valuable resources doing exactly this same thing.

The old Ultra is $75 A JUG?? I still have a case or 2 of SM 5W30 Ultra left, need to list those in the "For Sale" section!

That old Ultra is going to expire (Gena says it only has a 4 year shelf life if properly stored) before you can use half the stash!

* I know the shelf life recommendation is a bunch of balogna.

I will add to the sentiment here and thanks again to Gena and Team Pennzoil. I have PUP in my 2014 Explorer and cannot wait to see the UOA results. Although I will have to wait to see the M1 results until after I run it again (Ford changed the oil when the front seal was changed--they thought they were doing me a favor and did not tell me).

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle

The old Ultra is $75 A JUG?? I still have a case or 2 of SM 5W30 Ultra left, need to list those in the "For Sale" section!

In Canada if you can find it that's what it costs.
Which is why I almost cut cartwheels when I saw it was ultra she sent.

That old Ultra is going to expire (Gena says it only has a 4 year shelf life if properly stored) before you can use half the stash!

* I know the shelf life recommendation is a bunch of balogna.

4 years.
Really?
Even if unopened. I'm not buying it. It's not like it can oxidize without oxygen.
If that's true though it makes me consider using up the various conventionals I've got in my stash.
The ultra is probably 2 years old. Maybe 3. I'll see if there's a date stamp.

When I do a used oil analysis with the old ultra we will learn fast if time matters. Especially if closed and never opened.

It is really good business a sponsor is giving samples. I bought 2 oil changes worth of Pennzoil Just because of Genas actions.

Originally Posted By: CT8
It is really good business a sponsor is giving samples. I bought 2 oil changes worth of Pennzoil Just because of Genas actions.

I was àlways a sopus guy but this Kind of stuff just puts them over the top for me

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't want to start a new thread so i will just hijack yours Clevy. LOL
Gena sent me Ultra 10w30 for the GTP with the UOA kit, i got it yesterday. I haven't been able to find any of the new stuff so i am looking forward to seeing how the car runs and what the wear metals are.

The UOA should be clean, no additives and running old PU for a long time. There is no sludge or varnish, the internals are clean and uses no measurable amount of oil.
Like yours this is a summer car and only does 3-4K a year so i am wondering when i should change the oil, before or after i put it away.

I think its awesome Pennzoil is doing this for the board members, it says a lot about the company. IMO it goes beyond just getting new customers as Pennzoil has been a long time favorite here.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I didn't want to start a new thread so i will just hijack yours Clevy. LOL
Gena sent me Ultra 10w30 for the GTP with the UOA kit, i got it yesterday. I haven't been able to find any of the new stuff so i am looking forward to seeing how the car runs and what the wear metals are.

The UOA should be clean, no additives and running old PU for a long time. There is no sludge or varnish, the internals are clean and uses no measurable amount of oil.
Like yours this is a summer car and only does 3-4K a year so i am wondering when i should change the oil, before or after i put it away.

I think its awesome Pennzoil is doing this for the board members, it says a lot about the company. IMO it goes beyond just getting new customers as Pennzoil has been a long time favorite here.

I hijack enough of your posts you are welcome to jump in anytime on mine.

Agreed about how well we are being treated here by Gena. I was thinking about it. With all the oil and kits she's passed out we should really be able to contribute to the sites data. And when all the results come in we should be able to compare ultra in the real world in regards to extending the intervals using ultra.
Basically yes pennzoil doesn't say that ultra is an extended drain oil but if the results come back that it is capable of extended drains what better way to advertise without actually advertising.
I was digging thru my stash today. Looking for some pyb to act as a wash out for all the mos2 I've used in the past. I'm hoping to get enough miles on before the snow flies,then drain and use the old ultra I have as a baseline.
Or I'll use the new ultra so I can get the used oil analysis results for our data files,and use the old ultra I've got for the subsequent interval so we can make a direct comparison of new vs old.
I've gotta wash out the old stuff first though. I figured I'd use the pyb I've got just to keep everything consistent.

So I just got my pennzoil care package from our very generous sponsor here at bitog.
A case of ultra and a used oil analysis kit for blackatone labs.
So I'll be using it in my charger and I'm going to run a 10000 mile interval and a re-badged fram tough guard.
Car is heading to my garage for its winter sleep however I'm going to change the oil to this nectar of the Gods prior to s seasonal rest.
Everyone here knows I use mos2 in every sump fill however in the interest of science and my interest in wanting to have an untainted sample I won't be using any friction modifiers whatsoever during this interval.
The moly count is likely going to be elevated regardless due to the use of mos2 for the past 3-4 years however unless I run a shortish interval of something else as a wash out,and waste a sump fill of good oil(which as everyone knows I hate)I'm stuck with what I've got.
So we can add another mds equipped hemi to the test samples. 10000 miles will likely roll over next fall due to its winter sleep and it being my "nice car" so I don't drive it to work anymore,which would really rack up miles.
Thanks again to the pennzoil team and their generous support to both this community and it's members.
It's the new stuff. I've still got 8-9 jugs of the old ultra So once the data is available I'll use the previous generation ultra and test again and see what comes of it.
It will give us a chance to compare new vs old as far as tbn retention and whatever else can be gleaned.
No oil is better than free oil,and the fact that it's ultra means Christmas came early at my place.
Thanks Gena

and pennzoil.

Hey Clevy – So glad to hear you received your kit! We are excited to see how your UOA turns out. In the meantime, give us shout if you have any questions.

For those of you wondering how to get involved in the UOA program, please send us a private message, so we can fill you in on all the details.

Looking forward to hearing from you all! – Gena & The Pennzoil Team

Does anyone know if Pennzoil fixed their bottles? In June and July, I had two jugs of PPPP and one jug of PU burst about 3/4 the way down the level gauge on the handle. My M1 and Valvoline jugs were fine with the heat, only the Pennzoil jugs burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back