World economic collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be conservative and cautious, but not ridiculous.

Live simply, be prepared, enjoy your life.

I have a small "hobby" farm. I have plenty of cash, weapons, and friends. I can survive almost anything, unless someone drops a bomb on my house.

All this worry is ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
We are going to have a downturn soon but if I knew when, I would not be browsing BITOG.

We have "downturns" all the time, but a complete collapse of the world economy? I don't think so...some people just go overboard with this stuff...

We will see signs of the collapse before it happens. Perhaps a major nation goes down first, like a EURO collapse or major China currency inflation.

If the problems are all US centered, we will see California crashing hard before anything else. If you live in California, it's gonna be rough. Welfare will run out of funding, the rich will evacuate, you will be left with millions of people without money, food or gasoline. The landlords that want to stay will try to evict people that formerly got housing assistance and no longer do. Same with everyone that gets laid off from businesses the rich abandoned.

Home owners will see massive value corrections from the recent upswing. When there are not 100 cash buyers bidding up that million dollar condo it turns back into a 400k condo.

I don't mean to offend anyone living in California but the facts are:

1. Super Dense Population competing for resources
2. Very high paying jobs, at least Today.
3. Large number receiving state and federal welfare
4. Many wealthy people choosing to live there, but could go anywhere in the world to live.

So if you remove everything but #1, it gets ugly fast.

My advice, don't live in super dense high cost areas. Have diversified holdings, to include: Land, gold, guns, food storage, quality reliable vehicles, tools, cash, and if you still have money, stocks.

He started a company that made ROVs in 2001, and sold it for a lot of money in about 2010. So he is very smart guy. He is collecting gold and firearms also. He has not told me where he heard about this prediction. Nor have I asked him.

Lots of good advice here. I am going to budget well and pay things off.

The thing about these types of threads and predictions is that eventually they will be right. The problem is that in the meantime one has to live and have a roof over his/her and their family's heads. Most people with families cannot simply sit tight and wait for the doomsday to come and then jump in on the opportunities.

Close friends of mine got married about 5 years ago, the same time I bought my first house. They were also told by few people that the Canadian house market will collapse pretty soon and to wait it out. Well, now 5 years later they live in a crummy apartment, expecting their second child and the prices of houses have gone up by a very significant amount. I'm not sure if they are still waiting for the collapse, but I know for sure it is much harder for them now to enter the market.

If one can hold off, great, but it may take a long time since nobody knows what the future holds.

If you listen to Glenn Beck, Hannity, Levin, or Rush on the radio daily, you will become emotionally disturbed.IMHO

I will worry only when Wally World closes all their stores, then the panic will begin.............lol.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
If you listen to Glenn Beck, Hannity, Levin, or Rush on the radio daily, you will become emotionally disturbed.IMHO

I will worry only when Wally World closes all their stores, then the panic will begin.............lol.

I do listen to them on the radio! They provide good entertainment!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver

I do listen to them on the radio! They provide good entertainment!
Yes , they are entertaining, it passes the time when I am doing the Napa delivery gig....

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Originally Posted By: madRiver
What kind of loon sends such a thing in email?

So what if you lose your job and cannot make mortgage payments. You move on like so many folks.

+1 This is an on-going problem that will continue. Millions will be out of work and unable to make the mortgage payments and live the phony lifestyle. Nothing new......in the late 1990's till the mid-2000's all people talked about was Real Estate and how many homes that they had in the country, beach, and mountains. You don't hear so much "bragging" about that anymore....lol. Just be happy to have a job, a roof over your head, food on the table, a vehicle to drive and the ability to pay for daily expenses. Most important is that you and your family are healthy.

The USA has a monstrous debt and budget deficit.....so does most of the world. When the collapse comes....it won't be nice. Nobody will be able to pay....nobody will get paid.

The only thing monstorous is the amount of perpetual bull [censored] people spew about "national debt", when in reality, they have no clue how modern economics even works. National government debts in the developed economies of the world with sovereign currencies is by accounting identity not a real debt. When governments print their own money in their own currency, it isn't debt. It's money created electronically out of thin air. It isn't borrowed at all, and everything that happens in the treasury market is cursory to that spending. The Federal reserve could by every treasury bill in the market and it would not change the amount of currency assets in circulation, only their composition (from T-bills to cash). It is an entirely different transaction than a local, city, county, state, or foreign government that actually borrows money via credit markets in a currency other than their own (in the case of governments in the USA other than the Federal).

Drew99GT I hope you don't really believe that. When you have to print money to cover your 18 trillion debt the country is circling the drain. Monster inflation. People will start lining up demanding to be paid off and no one will buy your debt any more. The people holding government bonds will have lost the most. The government will not be able to provide even basic services and anarchy will ensue. Yes there is such as thing as too much debt and there is no such thing as too big to fail.

If there was no debt, there would be no interest collected. FED is a private entity, that is why it is collecting interest on the money it lends to the US government.

Drew, I suggest you check out Kennedy executive order 11110. FED as well as all other central banks work on the exact same principle (imagine that, so many countries, yet they operate exactly the same when it comes to issuing money) and the end goal is to keep countries in debt.
Also, read some about Iceland and what they did to their central bank and how there are doing now. There is a reason why you will never hear about it in mass media.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
The thing about these types of threads and predictions is that eventually they will be right. The problem is that in the meantime one has to live and have a roof over his/her and their family's heads. Most people with families cannot simply sit tight and wait for the doomsday to come and then jump in on the opportunities.

If the hammer falls, I am off to Yemen. Nothing much will change there no matter what.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
The only thing monstorous is the amount of perpetual bull [censored] people spew about "national debt", when in reality, they have no clue how modern economics even works. National government debts in the developed economies of the world with sovereign currencies is by accounting identity not a real debt. When governments print their own money in their own currency, it isn't debt. It's money created electronically out of thin air. It isn't borrowed at all, and everything that happens in the treasury market is cursory to that spending. The Federal reserve could by every treasury bill in the market and it would not change the amount of currency assets in circulation, only their composition (from T-bills to cash). It is an entirely different transaction than a local, city, county, state, or foreign government that actually borrows money via credit markets in a currency other than their own (in the case of governments in the USA other than the Federal).

If it's not debt, then why are you paying interest on it ?

https://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/ir/ir_expense.htm

$1,000+ per man woman and child interest...would assume that there's some greater number actually owing.

Originally Posted By: Tones
Drew99GT I hope you don't really believe that. When you have to print money to cover your 18 trillion debt the country is circling the drain. Monster inflation. People will start lining up demanding to be paid off and no one will buy your debt any more. The people holding government bonds will have lost the most. The government will not be able to provide even basic services and anarchy will ensue. Yes there is such as thing as too much debt and there is no such thing as too big to fail.

Even with our monstrous national debt, the U.S. is still far better off than most countries in the world...just who is it that's going to demand we pay off our debt? I guarantee you all of the countries we owe money to are in worse shape than we are and are in no position to demand anything...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Even with our monstrous national debt, the U.S. is still far better off than most countries in the world...just who is it that's going to demand we pay off our debt? I guarantee you all of the countries we owe money to are in worse shape than we are and are in no position to demand anything...

China easily could call in their chips, and we would be destroyed.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

The US does huge amounts of trade with China. China would never endanger their largest customer.

Originally Posted By: Phishin

I have a small "hobby" farm. I have plenty of cash, weapons, and friends. I can survive almost anything, unless someone drops a bomb on my house.

All this worry is ridiculous.

When/if the infrastructure of this country fails no one will be able to fend of the roving hords for very long. your garden will be picked clean at night.

Also all the nukes will melt down without continuing cooling flow making everything un-inhabitable.

That is truly the reason not to worry about it. Not much to be done.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

The US does huge amounts of trade with China. China would never endanger their largest customer.

If anyone is paying attention..... "NWO" is happening in Syria right now....

Russians established air supremancy over Syria

http://breakingdefense.com/2015/09/russians-in-syria-building-a2ad-bubble-over-region-breedlove/

Russia + China against others.....India just waiting behind....

Plus this: http://newscentral.exsees.com/item/5078358fba5fa437700f096a26e9534f-0e46c3eec025611907ea42ea98aade29

Winter will be hot
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back