What is WVO worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people/companies buy WVO from private individuals in small quantities? If so, what is the going rate? I have about 3 gallons collected over the last ~5 years that I'm tired of looking at. I know restaurants sell it, but I don't use that much.

I'm not trying to get rich. I just know that WVO is being used as an alternative fuel now, and would like to see my junk become someone else's treasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
+2 try CL, you want a wierdo to buy your peanut oil, and Craiggers is where they linger.
wink.gif

I wouldn't sit around all day, sell it for $3 and have them stick the cash in your mail slot or whatever.

If its just straight vegetable oil, you can just pour it on the ground. Veggie oil isn't toxic or hazardous. The only problem might be a nosy neighbor who might accuse you of dumping used motor oil.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
If its just straight vegetable oil, you can just pour it on the ground. Veggie oil isn't toxic or hazardous. The only problem might be a nosy neighbor who might accuse you of dumping used motor oil.

I wouldn't dump it all in one spot, it might stink for weeks or all sorts of critters may dig it up.

If you're going to throw it down, do it on a dusty road to keep the dust down.

They used to use used motor oil for this until the fairly recent past.

This could attract bears, skunks, etc if it's rank enough.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
all sorts of critters may dig it up.

Would make for good target practice...

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back