Problem with old bike pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbor is letting me borrow his old Blackburn TP-4 floor standing bike pump as the air gauge goes high enough for my bike tires. My car tire gauge doesn't and I forgot to order a bike tire gauge from Amazon on my last order....nuts...

Anyway, he said there's a way to turn the single outlet rubber around to fit a Schraeder, but I don't see it. It'll fit a Schraeder with a bit of pushing, but the inner pin won't compress the tire valve to allow air in. Something's FUBAR...

Didn't have time to really mess with it. Called Blackburn and she was clueless....???? Anyone here own one of these? Were different models made for Schr & Presta? Or is the single head supposed to work with both?

Thanks.

I had a Zefal pump that you would unscrew the collar invert the rubber insert and there was plastic pin thing that also had to be turned 180. It never worked well for me.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Neighbor is letting me borrow his old Blackburn TP-4 floor standing bike pump as the air gauge goes high enough for my bike tires. My car tire gauge doesn't and I forgot to order a bike tire gauge from Amazon on my last order....nuts...

Anyway, he said there's a way to turn the single outlet rubber around to fit a Schraeder, but I don't see it. It'll fit a Schraeder with a bit of pushing, but the inner pin won't compress the tire valve to allow air in. Something's FUBAR...

Didn't have time to really mess with it. Called Blackburn and she was clueless....???? Anyone here own one of these? Were different models made for Schr & Presta? Or is the single head supposed to work with both?

Thanks.

When you reverse these pumps there are two parts. The rubber part is obvious but there is a plastic insert behind it. Pulling the locking lever up will help push it out. Reverse this and the rubber part and it will work on Schraeder.

Problem is, I'm not sure how to reverse it, nor get inside without punching the clamp pin out. I'll post some photos. Could be this "head" is not original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back