OOPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So starting to change my oil today, I did the one thing i'm always scared of doing....Driving over the lip of the ramps..

Luckily, damage to my car is Limited to the Bumper cover, and the License plate.
IMG_20150927_173307953.jpg
IMG_20150927_173314682_HDR.jpg

Unfortunately, there was an old gas range, and the old Kitchen cabinets that stopped the forward motion...
IMG_20150927_173222242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150927_173235374.jpg

IMG_20150927_173248970_HDR.jpg

so... tomorrow a trip to the Habitat Re-Store to star looking for a new used gas range ,sink base and 3 drawer unit.

of course the actual first words i said can't be posted here...

hoping that it just puckered the bumper cover, and i can "pop it out"

How are the ramps and the bottom of your car? I had a friend that drove his super charged buick thing over the end of a dolly and did quite the damage.

I feel it improved the look.
27.gif

no wife

parent's garage

they're out of town.

let them know immediately of course. and emailed them the pics.

dad didn't seem too upset about it.

main concern was my safety.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
How are the ramps and the bottom of your car? I had a friend that drove his super charged buick thing over the end of a dolly and did quite the damage.

BRAND NEW set of Rhino Ramps.. small crack in the Back(Front?) of one.
got the trolley jack out and lifted the car enough to pull the ramps out.
no visible damage, a couple clips sheared off, not sure what they were off... have to check mom's Taurus to see where they go.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I feel it improved the look.
27.gif

no arguments here....
those are the original ('76) kitchen cabinets and counters.(with backsplashes in the same laminate, and a yellow/orange block linoleum floor. what can i say, it was built in '76)
kitchen remodeled maybe 10 years ago, with new solid oak cabinets and "stone look" laminate counter top. and a similar look laminate floor.

Had a Rhino Ramp mishap myself 5 years ago, into the garbage they went and just stuck to a jack and stands.

I was trying to use the Ramps in a heated garage with a very dry smooth floor and one got sucked under the car, left a nice dent on a resonator and dented the rocker panel along the pinch seam a very small amount.

Hope the cake in the oven didn't fall, next time don't change your oil in your inlaws kitchen!!!

Could have been much worse OP.

This is my biggest fear too. I wouldnt mind using jacks and stands, but I am not sure how that would work with lower cars.

I like your license plate frame: "Lima, Ohio nothing to do since 1831"
Being from NW Ohio myself, I assumed a meth lab explosion for a sec.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I like your license plate frame: "Lima, Ohio nothing to do since 1831"
Being from NW Ohio myself, I assumed a meth lab explosion for a sec.

You guys have Limaland!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JC1
Did you even get to change the oil? That's why I used jacks and jackstands.

never felt safe with jacks, and when jacking it up at the factory "jack points"... where to i put the stands??? (i can be a bit dense sometimes)

after i calmed down, put the ramps up at the entrance to the garage, CAREFULLY drove up, and changed the oil. Love that Fumoto valve, slipped the tubing over the Nipple, other end in the drainpan, pan large enough to also be under the filter,

cleanest oil change i've ever had.( as long as you don't count the Splinters or Broken glass) maybe 2 drops of oil on the floor..

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
I've had such good luck with my Rhino Ramp Max's

Maybe they slipped on the floor?

no.. entirely my fault, little too much oomph on the pedal to get over the hump.

If it makes you feel any better:
When I was in high school I had an 81 firebird. When I bought it there were two large rust hole, one behind each front wheel. Saved money and did extra work stripping varish off old chairs for cash. Had the rust professionally replaced by a body shop which specializes in classic f-bodies. Within a year drove over metal ramps which ended up right in the repaired area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back