Two half full cans WD 40 that dont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a problem with the smart straw or aerosol ran out? What's up? Anyone else have this problem? Never had a problem until the smart straw came out.

If you search youtube, you will find a video that shows someone re-charging aerosol cans with an air compressor. Looks like an easy job.

I get that problem when I use them at too much of an angle.

Best solution is to just buy a spray bottle (WD-40 even SELLS them for bulk 40).

Make sure it is fully empty of aerosol propane and stab the side of it with a scratch awl or a finishing nail and transfer it into the sprayer.

Originally Posted By: Falken

Best solution is to just buy a spray bottle (WD-40 even SELLS them for bulk 40).

Make sure it is fully empty of aerosol propane and stab the side of it with a scratch awl or a finishing nail and transfer it into the sprayer.

I saved various sizes emptied spay bottle for this purpose. You'd never know which size you can use in a future, so I save them all, only discarded the broken ones.

The old original spray cans of 20 years ago, no trouble. Wd40 has changed designs at least twice since then, and flakey results at times ever since.

Go to their website and send them an email

I've had this issue with various aerosols that have solvents. I think it's the component that stops flow.

Falken said:

Good idea since I would hate to throw away a full can which is about what I have here.

WD-40 uses CO2 as the propellant these days, but still be careful. Even better would be an sidetap for R12/R134a cans.

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
If you search youtube, you will find a video that shows someone re-charging aerosol cans with an air compressor. Looks like an easy job.
It works but use saefty glasses.

I bought a double pack of these adjustable nozzle cans. And of course both failed on the very first use, leaking oil everywhere except where you pointed it....lol. I won't ever buy WD40 on this type applicator again. What a piece of [censored].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back