Tire recommendation for 2010 Toyota Yaris sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

(Thread Starter)

My daughter does not like the Hercules Raptis HR1, 185/60R15 tires that are on her 2010 Yaris sedan. Although the tires are as new she has felt a traction issue under normal speed in the rain and while making tight turns which is of a concern for her. Has anyone had good luck with a particular brand and type tire for this car? My research tells me that the current Chinese tires do have the issue she had told me about.

I don't blame her.
4X100 bolt pattern, 17X7.5 wheels 205/50/17 tires should do the trick.

On the front they will bub a little at full crank or over railway tracks on the back.

205/55/16s on 16X7 wheels fit without rubbing.

Kumho Solus KA71 is a much better tire than made in China Hercules. Currently it has $100 rebate from Kumho.

Can you trade current Hercules for another tire at your local store ?

Second the Altimax RT 43's

Get the "H" rated ones, "A" rated temp.
Add a few pounds more than the door sticker says,
Original tires were probably "T" rated...

CS5 hands down.

My car came with Potenza performance tires from the factory and since then I used CS4s, deviating only once to use general altimax, which i ended up regretting. I'm lining up to put on some CS5s next week.

Size 185/60-15 is fairly limited, searching for this size on DTD.com there are few to choose, of those available General Altimax RT43 H and T rate and Cooper CS5 Grand Touring T rate. No Michelin Pilot A/S3 nor Kumho Solus TA71 are available in that size.

Of the 2 available Cooper has $60 rebate for CS5 Grand Touring until end of October.

Size 185/60-15 is fairly limited, searching for this size on DTD.com there are few to choose, of those available General Altimax RT43 H and T rate and Cooper CS5 Grand Touring T rate. No Michelin Pilot A/S3 nor Kumho Solus TA71 are available in that size.

Of the two RT43 and CS5, Cooper has $60 rebate for CS5 until end of October.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
CS5 hands down.

...another vote for Cooper CS5.I have them on a 2008 Yaris Sedan.
last winter (not your case in FL) they where pretty planted in snow.
also reacted good to rain, dry , no loose of traction.
only complaint: noisy.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
No Michelin Pilot A/S3 nor Kumho Solus TA71 are available in that size.

Tirerack has Kumho Solus Sense, KH25, KR21, and TA11 in that size. The first two are H and the latter two are T rated. I have no experience with any of them.

There are some decent tires in this size.

If you can afford Michelin, they do make the Defender in that size 185/60-15.

Another great option is the Dunlop Signature II.

Some other good tires in this size include:
Falken Ziex ZE950
Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max
Cooper CS5

I am going try to stay with American tires if I can as the reviews on most of the Chinese tires are pretty bad, especially under wet conditions. Need to keep my kid safe!!

Looking at Generals right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back