Valvoline V0-106 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off the stepbrothers 2012 Altima; approximately 6,400~ miles with some MaxLife blend 5w30. Doesn't look bad to me. Enjoy the pics and Wemay, if you would like to see the yellow with blue writing let me know. Filter manufactured April 17th, 2015 on "E" line, and 3rd shift.

rivvqp.jpg

rho31g.jpg

2enpxc5.jpg

2i78qgy.jpg

5ex4ls.jpg

neaooo.jpg

2hqxk5l.jpg
2lusvt5.jpg

April 17th is correct. One of those days. The filter I posted with date code was other filter from way back. Correct pic below

1611grt.jpg

Thanks car51. I'm sure it will be fine in my Sonata for the duration of the 3750-4000 mile oci.
smile.gif

Looks like a well constructed filter. Although some here may complain how the pleat to the right of the seam in picture #5 is 'slanted to the right.'

Wemay: as Sayjac hopefully will be along to tell you, this is a "downsized or 1 size fits all". I would use the OEM filter, but that's me sir ;-)

Originally Posted By: car51
Wemay: as Sayjac hopefully will be along to tell you, this is a "downsized or 1 size fits all". I would use the OEM filter, but that's me sir ;-)

Thanks for the heads up but i've used it in the past without issues, strange noises or any change in drivability.

Originally Posted By: car51
Wemay: you're welcome and glad it is working well for u sir
wink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

This one is a Puro made for Valvoline filter, 6400 miles, looks like it got the job done nicely. Not that familiar with Val numbering system, but this would be the 14612/6607 equivalent.

For the 2012 Altima this is spec size. That said, I'd bet the longer 14610/7317 would easily fit too.

As for use in Hyun/Kia applications, this would be the size a quick lube like Valvoline would use, but it is downsized two application sizes from spec, the 14459/9688 application. Is what it is.

Thanks for pics.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Looks like a Puro product and looks great to me.

I was j/k with my 1st reply.
smile.gif

Seriously, it does look like a well built filter. I would probably use one if it had a silicone ADBV. Thanks for the C&P pics.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Purolator made for ... doesn't look bad.

Let it be known that on this day...the mind of the Frampire and Purolator denier has been shaken by the proof of the righteous and their tenacious fight. You heard it here folks, zee o six has finally acknowledged that Purolator makes a filter that is built well (the opposite of bad.). It must have been my many compelling arguments or the overwhelming evidence of tear free filters. Either way I will take credit, and will make sure to start a fundraising campaign on BITOG to replace the lost funds now that he is free from peddling Fram paper products!!! Welcome brother!
welcome2.gif
thankyou2.gif

But seriously. Good looking filter OP. Glad to see it served as advertised.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
The level that some people are full of themselves is amazing.

Your welcome. I hope I inspired you to use Purolator Products as well as my new friend, Mr zee o six. *insert sarcasm button here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back