new I have seen this advertisement Casrol Magneti

Status
Not open for further replies.
new I have seen this advertisement Casrol Magnetic, its suppose to cling to the engine parts while overnight for a cold start the next morning .
I have been using Mobile conventional 10W30 . I see they do not make Castrol magnetic in a conventional and my owners manual states do not use a synthetic oil in engine.

is there particles of magnets in the Castrol oil to help make it cling?

am I OK with the Mobile I'm now using for cold starts.

Magnatec comes as a synthetic blend in 5w30 and 10w30. If your manual indeed prohibits any syn though, i'd stick to the Mobil Super which is a great oil in its own right.

Originally Posted By: snake123
I see they do not make Castrol magnetic in a conventional and my owners manual states do not use a synthetic oil in engine.

IS your engine rotary? Thats the only engines i have heard that state not to use synthetic.

Just a new name for their green second tier oil, nothing special. It has been marketed as Magnatec outside the U.S. for years, they chose unifying the branding. That is all.

When they sold it last time in the U.S it was marketed as "Start Up". I bought a bunch on clearance and I was really impressed with it. I will use it once my current stash is exhausted.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
What owners manual would warn against synthetic oil? Castrol Magnetic is awesome oil. Just put some on your fingers. Its amazing stuff.

check out the oil type page for a Nissan 2003 V6 pathfinder LE
specifically states do not use a synthetic oil. [ believe me I wish I could use a synthetic but the only research I have found is that the synthetic may cause oil seal leaks for this model vehicle ]

no a regular Nissan VQ35D V6 engine also used in the Altima and infinity.

Last edited:
This kind of drag reaction is what I have been hearing about .[

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
That same cling robs power at high rpm due to hydro dynamic drag.

That's a doozy...got any proof of that ?

Originally Posted By: snake123
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
What owners manual would warn against synthetic oil? Castrol Magnetic is awesome oil. Just put some on your fingers. Its amazing stuff.

check out the oil type page for a Nissan 2003 V6 pathfinder LE
specifically states do not use a synthetic oil. [ believe me I wish I could use a synthetic but the only research I have found is that the synthetic may cause oil seal leaks for this model vehicle ]

found the manual online,http://www.courtesyparts.com/pdf/2003-Nissan-Pathfinder.pdf
looking at page 9-6 (269 of the .PDF), it states the Following:
"Nissan does not recommend synthetic type oils but recommends mineral based oils. These oils must however, meet the API quality and SAE viscosity ratings specified for your vehicle"

which from rest of the section is a API Certified, Resource Conserving SJ. and an ILSAC GF-I &GF-II can also be used. 5w30 Preferred, but 10w30/10w40 can be used if temps will be above 0F(-18C)

I have the 5w-20 in 5 cars now
Drag is not something I'm seeing or feeling.
MPG is up as well.
Is it the greatest oil known to man?
No...............
But when it was $18 a jug it works for me on my basic cars and trucks

Originally Posted By: Shannow

That's a doozy...got any proof of that ?

no proof, but the polarity of esters means the carbohydrate chains try to align themselves. I suspect that attraction might cause some hydrodynamic drag... I don't buy it, or the oil wouldn't want to come out of the jug being 1 big lump...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back