Dexron VI in GM Power Steering System.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would ask.

GM specifies "GM Power Steering Fluid". Power steering systems are usually hydraulic and Dex VI is a type of hydraulic fluid. Anyone use Dex VI in their GM power steering system?

Thanks.

I would use Valvoline/Redline or GM OEM PSF fluid in it.

IIRC the GM Power Steering fluid spec is basically a Synthetic PSF fluid.

I think the reason for that is it has a lower pour point for better cold weather steering performance.

There is a TSB out on the LAMDA platform vehicles, ie, Acadia and Enclave to use dexron VI. Any suggestions on how to post a PDF?

Originally Posted By: stchman

GM specifies "GM Power Steering Fluid". Power steering systems are usually hydraulic and Dex VI is a type of hydraulic fluid. Anyone use Dex VI in their GM power steering system?

Thanks.

2005 - 2015 Chevrolet Equinox and other models recommend DEXRON VI for PSF.

Originally Posted By: DWC28
Originally Posted By: stchman

Thanks.

2005 - 2015 Chevrolet Equinox and other models recommend DEXRON VI for PSF.

My bad, make that 2010-15

Me too...But GM has three PSF part numbers.
GM P/N 1052884 Spec. 9985010
GM P/N 89021184
GM P/N 89021185

Don't know if they are the same thing.

I believe GM P/N 1052884 Spec. 9985010 is the old spec.

and GM P/N 89021184 was replaced with GM P/N 89021185.

When I changed a steering rack on a 12 Traverse (Lambda) it had a tag hanging on the new rack that said to use Dex VI. It was a GM part. As I was at a Chrysler garage I used ATF +4. Worked great, still no problems. This was about a year ago.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Anyone know the difference between ACDelco PSF and "Cold Weather PSF"?

The "Cold Weather" stuff is at least semi-synthetic, if not a full synthetic, as it should be for almost 4x the cost of their regular stuff (which most definitely IS mineral based).

What is it, rebadged Pentosin?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Ironically enough, the CHF 202/11S actually has a Delco/GM part number (I'm guessing for the Cruze and a few other models).

At my local indie parts store, a large AC Delco dealer, the cans of 11S on the shelf have a sticker on them listing a GM part number.

That's interesting. I wonder what Pentosin says about it. I know they state somewhere they can be used in Nissan and Infiniti, too, but the G37 certainly doesn't call for a fluid with such exacting specifications.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: Garak
wink.gif

Ironically enough, the CHF 202/11S actually has a Delco/GM part number (I'm guessing for the Cruze and a few other models).

At my local indie parts store, a large AC Delco dealer, the cans of 11S on the shelf have a sticker on them listing a GM part number.

I can only see claims for GM/Opel applications but no specific vehicle information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back