Hello BITOG Members:
Over the last year, as many of you may have noticed, the Pennzoil team has had the privilege to join a number of the conversations on BobIsTheOilGuy. While we’ve had an opportunity to exchange thoughts with a number of you, we’d like to open the floor to all of BITOG for dialogue on some of the forum’s trending topics. Over the next few weeks, select members of the Shell Technical Team will be responding to inquiries regarding the following topics:
• Week 1: Complete Protection Benefits and Debunking Oil Myths – Shanna Simmons, Shell Research Engineer and Technical Advisor
• Week 2: Wear in Valve Train/Timing Chain Wear – Mark Ferner, Project Manager
• Week 3: Thinner Viscosity Grades – Richard Dixon, Pennzoil Technology Manager
Beginning today, with this post, we’ve opened a special thread for all of you to submit your questions to Shanna Simmons, Shell Research Engineer and Technical Advisor, regarding Complete Protection Benefits from Pennzoil Platinum® Products and Debunking Oil Myths. Shanna received her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University (with honors!) before becoming a Research Engineer at Shell.
The thread will be open for submissions from 9:00 a.m. ET on Saturday, August 22nd until 5:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, August 25th, at which time Shanna and our full team of scientists and engineers will work together to provide answers to your questions to be posted on Friday, August 28th.
We are extremely excited for this opportunity, and we have only a few notes:
1. Please use this thread only to submit questions. Members of the team have noted that there have been questions posed in various threads, but please repost the question in this thread to help us make sure we address everything.
2. Please understand that there will be some questions that we will not be able to answer. We cannot divulge any proprietary information and can only speak from our areas of expertise.
3. Our Technical Team will also not be commenting or speculating on the products of our competitors.
Thank you all for your understanding and enthusiasm – now, let’s hear your questions!
-The Pennzoil Team