Cat T0-2 trans fluid alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a comparable oil available that is the same as Caterpillar's T0-2. I believe this oil is an AW30 but with ? additives. This oil is obsolete to the new T0-4 fluid, which I can't see taking out a second mortgage just to fill a '87 D4H Cat dozer's transmission with. Also, the T0-4 is not recommended in the older machines.

Universal Tractor Fluid. Should be available at most auto parts stores, farm/fleet type stores, or even Walmart. Check the label to make sure it meets Caterpillar T0-2, most of them should.

Just a few examples, there are many more out there:

k2-_d9b37e09-c45b-4ca8-bcbd-4709878f261f.v1.jpg

51GpBMJ5uGL.jpg

oro_74209.jpg

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
What about Amsoil torque drive?

Well, he said he didn't want to take out a second mortgage. I'm guessing he really doesn't want to take out a second mortgage and donate plasma to pay for the Amsoil.
smile.gif

Do not use the products recommended above, they are not the correct viscosity. Your transmission calls for 30w.

Shell Rotella T1 30w meets Cat T0-2, as does many other SAE 30 engine oils. With that said, who told you the T0-4 fluids are not recommended for older machines? It is a superior fluid and backwards compatible. If you have a Shell distributor nearby ask for a price on Spirax S4 CX 30. I believe your transmission should hold about 30 gallons.

We use TO-4 fluids thoughout our late 70's D8K.

A tran$mi$$ion on a Cat i$n't where you want to $crimp on the quality of the oil you u$e.

Be very careful with "universal" tractor fluid.
Some of these Cat powershift transmissions call for oil with friction modifier. You don't have to run genuine cat oil, just make sure you use an EQUIVALENT!

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Do not use the products recommended above, they are not the correct viscosity. Your transmission calls for 30w.

Shell Rotella T1 30w meets Cat T0-2, as does many other SAE 30 engine oils. With that said, who told you the T0-4 fluids are not recommended for older machines? It is a superior fluid and backwards compatible. If you have a Shell distributor nearby ask for a price on Spirax S4 CX 30. I believe your transmission should hold about 30 gallons.

We use TO-4 fluids thoughout our late 70's D8K.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back