First look at the 2016 Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I've never heard of the control arms bending, but the rear alignment will sometimes go out of spec, due to things like spring settling and camber not being adjustable from the factory. A new set of upper control arms, with an adjustable turn buckle, will fix it right up.

I may be off on them bending. Rear was out of alignment, and the fix was replacing them and the bill was about $500. Brother had an interesting conversation to get them covered under warranty. Either way, needing to replace control arms on a three year old car seem like a really bad design. He had to pay for the tires.

My own personal opinion is that Honda should put adjustable arms on at the factory. I'm sure the solid arms work when new, but with age on springs and bushings, they seem to fall out of spec quickly.

Im not a fan of the 16 design as much as my '15, but I do like these wheels...

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-31%20at%2012.03.00%20AM_zpsbmyzetut.png

Thing is, the 11.5" Accord rotors are a bit small to fit in such large wheel openings. That always looks dumb. The Odyssey/Pilot rotors are much more massive and would probably look better...

They took a great looking front end and ruined it. With the front end looking so bad i will have to limit our ownership to our '14 sport 6MT. I'm not buying another one this year and by next year they will look too stupid.

One of the things that impress me with Honda is their V6 engine, the J series is close to 20 yrs old. SOHC V6. They just keep on improving it and bringing it to a make more power. It just shows their belief on their engines, and their stubbornness, but their 4 cyl are top notch, I don't even think anyone comes close to their 4 cylinders in term of N/A with reliability and MPG. On the other hand, it makes you scratch your head why they have not designed a new DOHC V6 to go toe to toe with Nissans VQ and Toyota's 2GR.

Now with the Accord, I have a 2000 Accord EX with the 2.3 close to 160K miles now and still running strong. It is quiet but not as quiet as my 06 TSX with 110k miles. A solid car altogether. The TSX is very fun to drive, even to this day after owning it for 7 years, I still enjoy driving it. Not sure what to make on this new Accord. Seems to me they keep on improving the tech advances and other bells and whistles.

I think Honda would gain a few fans if they moved to a timing chain-driven V-6 platform. Having been a long-time critic of timing belts, I no longer mind them, at least on this V-6 engine given how easy it is to change. But I know that's still a sticking point with many people.

I share your sense of being impressed with how versatile their J-series V-6 engine really is. It was designed in the late 1990s and, while it's certainly been smoothed and refined over time, the basic engine architecture remains the same. It's one of the smoothest V-6 engines I've driven. I like 'em so much, I recently traded off my K24-powered CR-V for a J35-powered Ridgeline, and the engine was a major factor in that decision.

I am with you Hokie, the Honda V6 is the smoothest V6 I have ever driven as well. My cousin has a Pilot and it is crazy smooth to drive that car. I have also driven the latest generation highlander which shares the same family as my bro-in-laws IS350 F sport, having driven these vehicles a lot, the toyota v6 is also smooth but I feel it is not as refined as the honda v6 in terms of engine NVH. I am just sharing my thoughts and opinions based from my experience. If you compare the architecture of both engines, the Honda is far less superior since it is a very old design.

Enjoy your Ridgeline, the CR-V having driven a 2011 model is kind of under powered to me, but I understand it is not intended to be a powerful vehicle, it gets the job done driving around town and relibility is top notch.

I don't know, but it's available with 2016 so it should for 2016.

I read somewhere that the LX is about the same price as 2015, but Sport and EX are up few hundreds.

Originally Posted By: si_jeff
One of the things that impress me with Honda is their V6 engine, the J series is close to 20 yrs old. SOHC V6. They just keep on improving it and bringing it to a make more power. It just shows their belief on their engines, and their stubbornness, but their 4 cyl are top notch, I don't even think anyone comes close to their 4 cylinders in term of N/A with reliability and MPG. On the other hand, it makes you scratch your head why they have not designed a new DOHC V6 to go toe to toe with Nissans VQ and Toyota's 2GR.

Now with the Accord, I have a 2000 Accord EX with the 2.3 close to 160K miles now and still running strong. It is quiet but not as quiet as my 06 TSX with 110k miles. A solid car altogether. The TSX is very fun to drive, even to this day after owning it for 7 years, I still enjoy driving it. Not sure what to make on this new Accord. Seems to me they keep on improving the tech advances and other bells and whistles.

I concur about the J series. My dad has a 2013 RDX and it is a sweetheart of a motor, just smooth and tractable in all conditions. I also agree with you on the TSX, in 149k I just now had a starter go out and everything else is bulletproof.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Anybody knows if 6-speed manual Accord Sport would be available as 2016 model?

Yep, Honda has the build feature up and it is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back