Haas Formula 1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gene Haas has more staying power than the other recent American F1 aspirants. He's proven that with his NASCAR involvement.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I think Gene Haas has more staying power than the other recent American F1 aspirants. He's proven that with his NASCAR involvement.

True. However NASCAR costs in order to be competitive, are a drop in the bucket when compared to a competitive Formula 1 team like Ferrari or Mercedes.

I was really disappointed by the Peter Windsor effort. I wanted hm to be a success, very likeable guy with lots of F1 background. Note also that Ken Anderson who was technical director on that effort came from .... Haas CNC. Hope the "lessons learned" sessions were thorough.

Originally Posted By: billt460
What exactly happened with Windsor, and his F1 team?

It's always difficult to know exactly but like many new start businesses it appears to have been underfunded with too little expertise in management and with too aggressive a schedule to try and meet. No money, no time and no management. Difficult deficits to overcome. And it didn't look to me at the time as though Bernie was giving them much leeway schedule-wise which destroyed marketplace confidence and therefore fundraising ability.

I'm fast coming of the opinion that Bernie is no longer good for Formula 1. I think if he were gone, it could be made much more affordable, as well as competitive. He doesn't care because he has more money than God, and the only way he would get more faster is if he printed it.

I'm fast coming of the opinion that Bernie is no longer good for Formula 1. I think if he were gone, it could be made much more affordable, as well as competitive. He doesn't care because he has more money than God, and the only way he would get more faster is if he printed it.

How that little troll had such good looking daughters is beyond me. Black magic probably. I'm no fan of that guy.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar

How that little troll had such good looking daughters is beyond me. Black magic probably. I'm no fan of that guy.

His ex wife was beautiful. They obviously got more of her DNA than his.

Originally Posted By: Garak
At least the nonsense ideas floating in the media of people like Danica driving for Hass F1 have finally dropped off.

I can't believe Haas would even consider that woman to drive in F1. She did nothing in Indy cars, in spite of having excellent equipment through her whole tenure. (Rahal / Letterman, and Andretti / Green). The only race she ever won in her career was in Japan. And the only reason she won it was because Castroneves ran out of gas. It's not like she out drove him.

In NASCAR she has continued to disappoint. Again having top equipment. She managed to put it on the pole at Daytona a couple of years ago. She just can't do anything with a fast, good handling car in a crowd. She would be a complete disaster in Formula 1. If Haas wants a woman they should offer it to Suzie Wolff. Providing they can lure her away from Williams. She's run just 2/10ths under Massa on several tracks. Patrick couldn't wash her panties on her best day.

As with everything else money will rule, up to a point, in choosing the drivers. What will be interesting to see is which American companies can be lined up for major sponsorship. Shell (Ferrari relationship) may ace out any American oil company for primary perhaps, just speculating.

It provides an opportunity for the best of American technology companies to contribute not only money but their expertise in the development/logistics/operations/data etc. Would be nice to see some defect from foreign sponsorship to support Haas (I'm looking at you UPS, Microsoft). Or someone like Gates/Buffett step up (fat chance).

Now Paul Allen could be a good prospect. He seems to want to do legacy things with his bux (SETI, oceanographic research, et al). wishful thinking I know but it is going to be interesting to watch to see who really cares.

I can't believe Haas would even consider that woman to drive in F1.

Even without all that, it's clear she doesn't even begin to qualify for a Super License. Haas would be best to stick with someone who's actually done F1 before and won't be a total disaster from a team fit and personality perspective. Someone like Kamui might be useful.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
It provides an opportunity for the best of American technology companies to contribute not only money but their expertise in the development/logistics/operations/data etc. Would be nice to see some defect from foreign sponsorship to support Haas (I'm looking at you UPS, Microsoft). Or someone like Gates/Buffett step up (fat chance).

We'd have to see. MS is already spoken for, as is UPS, unless they want to sponsor multiple teams, which certainly has happened before. Shell might let one of their other brands advertise. They have Quaker State on Force India, so Pennzoil on Haas would be nice.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I can't believe Haas would even consider that woman to drive in F1.

Even without all that, it's clear she doesn't even begin to qualify for a Super License. Haas would be best to stick with someone who's actually done F1 before and won't be a total disaster from a team fit and personality perspective. Someone like Kamui might be useful.

I have always had a soft spot for Kobayashi as well. Interesting choice. But, then again, I was always a huge fan of Montoya. I can sure pick 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back