Blue Mountain Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't a post on if they are any good. I have cut them apart and seem decent. What alarms me is how small the screen is inside the throat of the filter. It isn't holes to the fabric like most. It is small perforated slits, that are super small. I can't imagine they don't restrict oil flow and cause the filter to go into bypass. Anyone with Blue Mountain fikters, check it out. I think I may stop using them, even though I am sitting on a bunch. Other than that they seem like normal average filters.

Peak brand.

Could be any one of the filter manufacturers that wins that Peak contract.

Nothing to worry about. I'd wager that the center tube total perforation area add up to more than the oil passage area in the engine.

Hecho en ????

Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Peak brand.

Hecho en ????

Country of origin.
grin.gif

I had one of these where the yellow paint flaked off and the naked steel started rusting in TWO WEEKS in a winter environment with briney water splashing up on it.

Lowes clearanced these guys for $.19 to $.99 a couple years ago.

I seen the post about the paint flaking. I ve never had that trouble, mine stay nice and bright. That doesn't concern me much though. I have had filters peel. The center tube slits are small. Smaller than I like. Oil passages in a engine arent real small.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
Peak brand.

Hecho en ????

Country of origin.
grin.gif

Mexico, but that's also the origin of most cars and trucks.

Baldwin/Hastings and Champ lower tier filters to name some, use a slotted/louvered centertube. As long as the stamping machine is functioning properly, shouldn't matter.

Blue Mt. pics been posted here before, basically a jobber level filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back