Who makes Duralast (Autozone) spark plug wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always used "budget" spark plug wires and never had any issues.
21.gif

Not sure who makes them but they should work fine.

I installed the Duralast wires for my SL2 over 25k miles ago. No problems. I use a good amount of dielectric grease and take good care with installation. I have removed/installed plugs a few times since then with no problems at all. Good deal for $15

Look around, you might be able to find a higher quality OEM plug wires for slightly more.

Went to Oriellys and their cheapest (OmniSpark) wires where $20 Rockauto had AC Delco "professional" for $26.

You can get a lot better quality many times for slightly more.

certainly it is always a safe bet to use OEM. that being said, I have always used "aftermarket" with good results. I just bought some Taylor 8mm for my Cougar. nice wires. Bosch on my truck; KEM's on my boat.

For plug wires I make one of four choices
1- OEM (new)
2- aftermarket - NGK
3- performance (with actual ignition upgrades and non-OEM Redline) - Magnecor
4- 2 sets of used OEM plug wires from junkyard ... Use one from the 2nd set if issues with the 1st.

The NGK's are at least as good as the OEM; often better in some way. As "Hot Rod" as necessary with an essentially stock motor.

Taylor, MOROSO, even ACCEL make a decent aftermarket ignition wire set; the problem being they are not better than the NGK nor as good as the Magnecor. If you want "the best" for road or off-road/track use, Magnecor is *the only* ignition wire to consider.

I got them on my Dodge and they are good wires, I have also used Belden wires from NAPA. OEM are good but hyped up too much.

I had some Duralast wires. One of them was bad out of the box. It took me a long time to figure it out because it had continuity. I finally checked resistance and it had about 3x the resistance of the other three wires.

I typically get Autolite or NGK.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
I have always used "budget" spark plug wires and never had any issues.
21.gif

I've had issues with aftermarket wires. Even Belden, who makes Motorcraft aren't as good as Motorcraft wires! I had Autolite Professional and Belden go around 80K miles. Only reason I don't have the original Motorcraft wires, even at 230K is because a stupid mechanic threw them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back