Napa proselect 21085 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run

This filter was on for less than 5000KMs. Came off my 96 caravan with a 3.0 The van had a bad camshaft plug which had to be quickly replaced. The chunks in the filter are hardened gasket material which broke off into the motor. Filter held up well. I just don't like the adbv/bypass plug thing. Looks like it could be in bypass at anytime. No more cheap filters for me, Fram ultra is on there now.

That's a good looking filter considering it's the budget/cheapest filter Wix makes.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Was the ADBV all wadded up like that or did you shove it in there for the picture?

If so, why? Kira

I put the adbv like that to show it still has flexibility. You can see marks on the end cap where the adbv normally rests.

I have run several of these and variants in the Napa Silver line up, never an issue lots of build quality for very little money.

If you switch to the 21516 or 31516 you will get a Motorcraft style thread end bypass instead, the same good build quality at the same price too. Those are what I have been running lately.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
If you switch to the 21516 or 31516 you will get a Motorcraft style thread end bypass instead, the same good build quality at the same price too. Those are what I have been running lately.

I would have to agree that the Ford/Motorcraft style of thread-end bypass is more appealing than the other kind.

~ Triton

I have run several of these and variants in the Napa Silver line up, never an issue lots of build quality for very little money.

+1

I agree ... very well built filters that don't cost much at all.

OP, the filter looks very good. Thanks for posting the pics.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I ran one on my engine ONCE! It came off immediately due to the engine sounding like a woodpecker on a streetlight upon startup!
31.gif

This is the same thing that happened with my Jeep, but the noise lasted well into startup and operating temperatures. It is definitely just my Jeep though. The garden tractor and my brothers blazer dont seem to care.
21.gif

I ran one on my engine ONCE! It came off immediately due to the engine sounding like a woodpecker on a streetlight upon startup!
31.gif

BOF that was a Napa Gold (regular Wix) experiment with the double bypass arrangement if I remember correctly, not a good reference to the filter in question but a fun experiment none the less.

That arrangement didn't work on my Jeep either.
shocked.gif

The Silvers/Pro Selects have been some of the very best filters on my picky Jeep at start up, combo valve or not.

31.gif

BOF that was a Napa Gold (regular Wix) experiment with the double bypass arrangement if I remember correctly, not a good reference to the filter in question but a fun experiment none the less.

shocked.gif

The Silvers/Pro Selects have been some of the very best filters on my picky Jeep at start up, combo valve or not.

KC, this was an OCI I had done at a TireKingdom a couple of years ago. They were using the NAPA ProSelect filters. It was so bad I had to stop at a WM to buy a MC oil filter for my cousin to install when I got home.

31.gif

shocked.gif

KC, this was an OCI I had done at a TireKingdom a couple of years ago. They were using the NAPA ProSelect filters. It was so bad I had to stop at a WM to buy a MC oil filter for my cousin to install when I got home.

Oh I remember that story now! One of BOF's many oil and filter adventures ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back