Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Lamney, an energy analyst I follow, has warned of a real correction when the dow nears 12,800.

The trading software I use has a market analysis that is expecting a correction down to the 1,280 level on the S&P in the near future. That analysis is based on a repeating pattern where the S&P corrects down to the 20 month SMA.

Just some things I'm keeping in mind.

Volatility has certainly increased, and you do see that at market tops and bottoms. I think we'll get another downturn possibly in April.

The thing that keeps me from being completely bearish, are the PE ratios. They're not high at all historically, and the U.S. economy would really have to dive to put them out of line.....

Sounds like it's time to do a little trading....
coffee.gif

Alan Greenspan..."Just shut the **** up. You were a joke for the last 7 years. Just go home and plunk Andrea
mad.gif
you are useless
mad.gif

"March 16 (Bloomberg) -- Alan Greenspan, whose comments on recession helped send stock prices reeling two weeks ago, predicted the subprime-mortgage debacle in the U.S. will worsen.
Shares of subprime lenders rose. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aDU3U.9fNf0k&refer=home

Loading up on my 2 winners when things tanked was a good move. They have kept me in the green through all this mess. right now I'm up over 1 1/2% even with a couple of losers..

approved.gif
coffee.gif

Yeah baby up 1.22% for the year. (yikes) Same as you - and I have one real dog - and simply am too chicken sh~~ to sell it - proving that I simply can't be held to my own rules....I have this great white hope that it will return.

I'm looking at:

MPW
BBG
FSTEX

and maybe some more weird energy plays: GRP, SWN, LNG - these may have some further moves down through the summer and present some great buying opportunities if you are into that sort of thing.

Quote:

Alan Greenspan..."Just shut the **** up. You were a joke for the last 7 years. Just go home and plunk Andrea
mad.gif
you are useless
mad.gif

"March 16 (Bloomberg) -- Alan Greenspan, whose comments on recession helped send stock prices reeling two weeks ago, predicted the subprime-mortgage debacle in the U.S. will worsen.
Shares of subprime lenders rose. "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=aDU3U.9fNf0k&refer=home

Unfortunately, most people are idiotic tools, and dont have any clue. Their only care is to one-up the next person, and show that theyre better. Unfortunately Im afraid that AG is right.

Forunately when you buy into tanking prices and perceived weakness, you tend to make a lot of $$$$ when things go back to normal.
smile.gif

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back