Road Rage against Motorcyclist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently crazy older guy assaults a Motorcyclist and his passenger. Watch yourselves out there. There are unstable people apparently ready to assault you if you have the temerity to be on THEIR road.

The guy on the ground is lucky that the motorcyclist was a decent fellow.

Another person might have just beat him senseless and left him on the ground for taking that sucker punch.

Wow.

The guy on the bike has way more patience than I would have given the situation. If someone sucker-punched me like that, I would have had a much stronger reaction.

So let me get this straight: You saw a cyclist "break the law" by lane splitting, and your reaction is assault and battery in return? I'm struggling with this one....

It's the job of the police to enforce the traffic laws, not the citizens. Let it go man.

It makes me wonder what lead up to it. However after watching the video twice all I can say is the guy on the bike was nice. In these parts the guy with the car probably would have left the scene in body bag.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I guess the old chap wasn't so tough after all.

Yep, but he is lucky. After watching that video there's a lot of ways that moron could have died. Calmly holding him down was extremely kind. He should thank the good Lord he's still alive.

Amazing how patient that guy on the bike was! If that was me and he shoved my girlfriend and punched me like that I would have a tough time not going off on the guy. And did he really just punch the guy in the face who had a helmet on?!

The look on that guy's face is priceless, like his mind can't compute what's going on once his plan went south.

"I'm SO gonna kick this guy's... ouch, that helmet hurt my hand... hey, how did I end up on my back? Oh, great. I guess I'm gonna get beaten.... Wait, why is he just talking to me and not punching my face? What's the protocol here, do I just take this scolding or start swinging? That might be kinda rude at this point so I guess I'll hear what he has to say. Oh, that blanket feels nice under my head, many thanks, sir..."

There are people that play a game called box in the faster more agile bike. When you lane split or pull to the front at a stop light they get upset you ruined their game. I have seen this reaction myself a couple of times.

Last edited:
Real smart to punch a guy wearing a full face helmet. Old guy is lucky the rider didn't headbutt him with it.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Real smart to punch a guy wearing a full face helmet. Old guy is lucky the rider didn't headbutt him with it.

1st thing that came to my mind. They both are lucky; old guy because the biker coulda beat him senseless, and the biker because clearly he has no fighter skill set. Just me, but the aggressor deserved a split nose, roll em over and wait for cops to arrest him for assaulting the biker.

I lived in Yuma for a few years; there's no shortage of lunatics like that. The old man's lucky that he didn't get his face bashed in.

I got nothing but praise for the rider. The millisecond after the guy touched my wife I would have pounded him into nothing more than a blood stain with my helmet.

It seems that wisdom would dictate to choose your fights wisely.Usually best to avoid any fight That is what master Romeo taught.. The M/C rider was a gentleman.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: 1foxracing

1st thing that came to my mind. They both are lucky; old guy because the biker coulda beat him senseless, and the biker because clearly he has no fighter skill set. Just me, but the aggressor deserved a split nose, roll em over and wait for cops to arrest him for assaulting the biker.

I've been in a couple of confrontations where extremely aggressive people have came up to me with harsh words and aggressive gestures, but never showed any (actual) signs of impending aggression. With that in mind, I'm not sure I'd expect a punch to the head in that situation.

The biker received the sucker punch, set his bike, and took the old man down. He knew he was filming, so he knew he had to be careful with his reaction. In the heat of the moment, things blur and knowing you're recording may be overridden by emotion. This guy yelled and cursed, but didn't respond to the aggressor in kind, with violence.

To those who say they would have pounded him: really!? When was the last fight you were in? I haven't been in a real fight (actual blow-for-blow kind of fight) since highschool, and even as emotional as I remember getting then, I'm smart enough now to let the consequences of retaliation far outweigh any desire for physical response.

For every one who said they would have pounded him for pushing their wife or gf, you sound foolish. [censored], the gf was getting all up in his face and probably would have taken that old dude out, had she been given the chance. She put herself in his path intentionally. SHE is lucky that her bf intervened and took the aggressor down, because SHE might have tried for a swing that might have cracked this old man's skull and landed her in prison. He was focused on her bf, so she could not have claimed self-defense.

Glad there are impressive people like the motorcyclist out there. My guess is if the nut person stabilizes he will apologize for his odd outrage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back