Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got that right Groucho, about the market being confusing.....
shocked.gif
they say you can't fight the trend, so I'm nibbling on some techs and oils.

What do you guys think about Intel(INTC) and Exxon/Mobil(XOM)?

INTC may get hammered, but I've been wrong (often) before?

Cramer was going off about ATI last night.

Weird thing yesterday is I think I set an all time one day gain record in dollar terms.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I pulled the trigger on both today, XOM and INTC. Both were up slightly. INTC is high beta, XOM low, so maybe they'll even out. Sorta like eating a candy bar with a Diet Coke, ha.

There's an obscure indicator I use that's fairly reliable (MACD-DEMA smoothed), and it showed a buy signal on the S&P 500 chart today. Possibility of a short-term rally.....

I dumped RMBS since I bought it at 21. It will correct won't it
dunno.gif
I just wonder if the day traders are back again since the volume is so heavy. I never question a profit though.
smile.gif

Well I was only 9 days off on the 11000 getting taken out in 2005.
grin.gif

This passive trading is.........passive!

Are you guys alive?

After years of not subscribing to Personal Finance I decided to start again with a 2 year deal. I've been reading my first E-copy. Pretty good stuff - now I know where MS got NOIGF from. Some of their old recommendations are still there. I cracked up with the recommendation of closed end bond funds! Oh well - it's great input.

GM Bonds!!!

Candlesticks show a 'hanging man' and a 'spinning top' formation today (S&P 500 chart). Both of these are bearish when formed at tops, which we're at today.

On the other hand, relative strength indicators don't show much damage done. I don't think this is a major top; not enough bullish sentiment yet. A pull-back would be healthy here, maybe setting up a blow-off sometime this spring.....

Don't know what to do, too greedy to sell, too scared to buy; I'll sit on my hands a couple days and see what you guys do.....
dunno.gif

If you look at the SPY the last 2 years both of the seasonal periods they were over bought. Look at NVR up 35 today and they said the housing market is slowing right.So if your not sure what to buy Tech has a long road to catch up. Look at JNPR it should be higher but it is too widely held so find a stock like OIIM ride it out and move on. PHO does look good too.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back