Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z,

Since you are a long term holder I don't see a problem. I would split it up $500 now and the rest at another time. I would recommend CMGI.

Keep in mind we are in a BEAR market at this time.

quote:

But anyhow, Im sitting on a load of cash. Not necessarily a bad thing...

JMH, you're right, it's a good thing in this environment. I'd hold onto the cash for a little while. It's hard to do when we have these sharp market upswings (and don't want to be left behind), but these up days seem to be followed by down days, and April/May are historically bad months for stocks.

Hopefully we are not in a bull trap! 1000 points down I would say the market was do for a rebound. Look for some follow through the next few days. If that happens you can safely assume we are on a wave up short term.

I added some longs yesterday since I couldn't resist the setups.

Still waiting for the batphone to ring.

Z - I don't recommend stocks to other folks any more...to many ****** customers
wink.gif

I can't believe I made money trading FCZ....look up the bounce from 20....I was only trying to buy down by cost per share knowing it was yielding about 8% and just paid a nice dividend!

quote:

someone give me a holler on the bat phone when you figure the market out!!!

I think it was J.P. Getty that when asked that question, replied, "It will fluctuate".
grin.gif

That was a nice bounce yesterday, the best in a couple years. The market's started off down this morning, however. It's a roll of the dice which way it's going short term, but my last 4 trades have been sells. Unloaded GLW yesterday, made some pocket change on it, might buy it back if it drops some.....

P,

It's sitting at $0.218 right now. I wish I had access to Ameritrade from work. The site has been filtered out.
frown.gif

Guys,

Sold all 12,038 shares of MOBL for a $647 profit.
fruit.gif

I've been tracking this stock for a while and it seems everytime it makes a big move (% wise), the following day it loses some of those gains. Knowing that, I set the sell order last night at $.218. It went through this morning at $.229.
grin.gif

Anyway....I know a rookie like me shouldn't be trying to time the market, but man it feels good to make a profit.
I do plan on buying MOBL again.....at a lower price, of course. It seems they are serious about growing and expanding. I like them, so I plan on staying loyal for the long term.

LR,

I like that last line....very true. I'm not done with MOBL though. I'll jump back in as soon as a window opens.

Topsy turvy....I think the best advice is just do the opposite of what I do and you'll have a winner!
banghead.gif

With that attitude I havn't been doing a ton of trading......pretty much if one of my individual stocks pops up - I sell and hold the cash. I'll still study the IBD top 100.

Pabs,

I don't know what to tell you. I have been adding into longs the past couple of weeks, but I feel as though I am about to be smoked. Maybe everyone else feels the same and thats why the markets been skittish. Who knows!
dunno.gif

I am busy getting ready for my big move in the next month or two. I hope to never move again!
shocked.gif

Well, I guess my limit order for 20,500 shares of MOBL at $0.18 isn't gonna go through?!?!
mad.gif
Son of a gun is sitting at $0.26 as I type!
twak.gif

Missed today's rally with MOBL!
D@mn it!
mad.gif
mad.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, with a volume of 35 million shares....MOBL is definitely moving. Tobin Smith, from Changewave recommended it the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back