Rotella Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope She'll gave them some decent specs to build the filters to, so as to not risk messing up all the customer goodwill they have built with the Rotella brand over the years. I actually think this is a really smart move on Their part, if they get it right

From Autozone website:

Features & Benefits

Rotella oil filters follow rigid requirements with regard to burst strength, media area, valve integrity and capacity as defined by the manufacturer’s engine type.
Manufactured to high quality standards in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) test procedures
Guaranteed to meet fit, form and function for the applications for which they are cataloged
Rotella filters are guaranteed to perform
Technology with the efficiency and capacity to protect your engine and help prolong the life of your oil

Product Details

Part Number: RTO47
Weight: 1.188 lbs
Color: white
Filter Material: cellulose
Height (in): 7.06
Item Grade: Premium Replacement
Length (in): 3.88
Package Contents: oil filter
Package Quantity: 1
Smallest Filtered Particle (microns): 20
Width (in): 3.88

Originally Posted By: ronp
Gosh ill be glad when the purolator fixes their problem or something something.
It's like watching a drama flick having to hear about it all the time.yucky and depressing.
Anyway I don't think the awareness or perceived awareness (which ever it really is) is really effecting them. People buying em left and right and still other companies having them make filters for them. Possibly shell now. Lol u guys aren't making enough noise outside of bitog I guess =)
Good point.

Originally Posted By: steveh
Originally Posted By: ronp
Gosh ill be glad when the purolator fixes their problem or something something.
It's like watching a drama flick having to hear about it all the time.yucky and depressing.
Anyway I don't think the awareness or perceived awareness (which ever it really is) is really effecting them. People buying em left and right and still other companies having them make filters for them. Possibly shell now. Lol u guys aren't making enough noise outside of bitog I guess =)
Just Google Purolator tears, you will see lots of noise!!!
That's "wicked scientific".

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Tearolator
13.gif
15.gif

Yawn. Got any new material?

I grabbed one up and will try to cut it open tonight...

A quick perusal of the application card did not reveal any cataloged petrol applications... There do not appear to be a ton of part numbers.

They do have cross reference information on the box.

The rto 177 cost 9$ more than motorcraft and its made by the same people right? I think I'm out on these.... maybe if it were filled with Chuck Norris sweat or a cyclops unicorn Pegasus blood or something

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to notice our latest product offering, Shell Rotella oil filters! The new line of high-quality Shell Rotella oil filters were introduced earlier this month and are designed to help reduce engine wear and promote longer engine life. The filters can be used with engines that require conventional or synthetic engine oils, such as Shell Rotella T Triple Protection, Shell Rotella T5 or Shell Rotella T6. The new line of diesel oil filters can be purchased at AutoZone locations nationwide, with further distribution anticipated for 2016. – The Shell Rotella Team

When I pushed my finger against a Purolator made Bosch media pleat near the base, it tore fairly easily. The can was thin at .013-.014", and the ADBV was off kilter on the neck of the end cap. The pleats were .4" deep. The ADBV also does not fit snugly on the baseplate center, allowing the element to move sideways. Other than that, it was a great looking filter I am happy I did not use. How about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back