Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use T-Stops?

40-50%+ rises on some of my tickers is freaking me out. I don't want to loose such good gains.

Let me know if it makes sense to use these and what percentage I should use.

Pabs,
lol.gif

sparks,

Trailing stops is a good thing to do.

CMGI was up about 30% today!!!! ROCKET!

sparks,

Its better to buy at 1.25 and run to $100 than 100 to 1.25.
wink.gif

You should really make a habit of stops on all trades. I am still trying to.

Pabs,

I own some worthless paper in etoys, luckily its a minimal amount.

[ December 03, 2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

Up another 30% in one day, you gotta love that!
cheers.gif
Can you say BREAKOUT!!!!!
grin.gif

AMD passed up Intel today to close at almost $25!

I said AMD passed INTC awhile ago....just prematurely premature.

I took a flyer on CMGI.

GOLD Streettracks - GLD - even if you don't buy into this fund as I did, I advise you to get the prospectus. What a great read. I'm serious! A really solid numerical run down on gold in lots of detail!!
cheers.gif
patriot.gif
canada.gif
worshippy.gif

What's up with CMGI. It looks like it's up .60 in premarket. The bid right now is $2.61.

Looks like they had 300% growth in China. Put a limit order for 2.65 since the last trade was 2.40. If I get it, I'll place a stop at 15%. Does that sound good?

As usual always some regret.....I need to do a better job of separating my emotions from my trades:

I wish I had bought more CMGI

What a fricking greed pig I am......check.

Add a zero for me.

The percentage thing is good - I do it use that principle. Still the emotions sink in after all these years. (I did my first stock trades in my late teens)

Don't ask me why I'm not rich.

OK ask me and I'll tell you that I'm rich in life and love.

sparks,

Yes you should get in the habit of placing a STOP LIMIT on your trades it will save you if things get bad. For traders a 2% stop is in order. You should have a trailing stop so that you can capture profits. Only you can figure where to place stops. I use technicals so I place stops accordingly. When I wrote the post above about the stops I could see the market was getting ready to plummet based on the technicals. You would tighten your stops here as a trader. An investor would not be concerned with this since it is normal market oscillation.

Know what your expectations are once a trade is made. Have an exit strategy in place.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
As usual always some regret.....I need to do a better job of separating my emotions from my trades:

I wish I had bought more CMGI

What a fricking greed pig I am......check.

I usually use a percentage of my gross portfolio.

Right now I have less than 30K in my brokerage account. I will only trade 3-5% in any one stock. I am thinking of going up a little high in the future, but for now, I'm sticking to $700-1500 per trade.

I've got to limit my losses.

This allows me not to regret how much I buy, though it does limit me to a price point on a stock. I won't trade a stock unless I can get a round lot multiple.

I got 300 shares of CMGI

Moved my T-Stops up from 10% to 3% on INTL which I'm up 45% in 3 months. And moved Qwest (Q) from 10% to 3% since I'm up 55% in 4 months.

Both stock have broken out of thier 200 MA by at least 30%.

Paul,

Have you had a chance to use the screens in AAII site?

I picked eplus out of their shadow portfolio and am making 23% right now. This is in less than 1 month. I'm looking for it to go higher.

If I stop out of INTL or Q I'll probably go in and get some more small cap stuff from AAII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back