Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold is an OK hedge against troubled times and an mediocre inflation hedge. I seem to always have some gold fund or anther as a very small portion of my portfolio.

OTOH Gold metal is NOT an investment. It gains nothing and gold stocks can be some of the riskiest.

[ September 15, 2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Pablo ]

Charts don't predict this sort of thing

quote:

Smurfit-Stone accused of racial harassment
12:55 p.m. 09/15/2004 Provided By United Press International

CHICAGO, Sep 15, 2004 (United Press International via COMTEX) -- Smurfit-Stone, the leading U.S. paper-based packing manufacturer, is accused of racial harassment by the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

EEOC filed a lawsuit accusing Chicago-based Smurfit-Stone Container Corp. of fostering a hostile and abusive working environment for African-American employees at its facility in Hanover Park, Ill.

Minority workers charged a supervisor at the plant used racially derogatory and disparaging language like "boy, monkey, moron and dummy" to harass African-American employees despite years of verbal and written complaints.

The EEOC filed suit Tuesday on behalf of four Smurfit-Stone employees seeking compensatory damages and injunctive relief. "Efforts by the EEOC to resolve the case with Smurfit-Stone through the agency's voluntary conciliation process and without litigation were exhausted prior to today," EEOC said.

Smurfit-Stone operates 176 plants with 38,000 employees producing boxboard and containerboard and corrugated containers and had 2003 sales of $7.7 billion.

Copyright 2004 by United Press International.

Amkeer,
I'm not brave enough to be buying/selling constantly. I haven't played that game ever because as you stated, I'm still a baby when it comes to stocks. I think in order for me to sell LU (only to buy it again low), it would have to go to up to $6-7 in conjuction with other data and maybe some advice from you guys!
grin.gif

Sort of crappy day today.....but hey, this ain't no "get rich quick" scheme, right?!!?
wink.gif

P,
MOBL keeps growing. Shares will go over $0.30 any day now!
cheers.gif

I heard an oil analyist on CNBC tonight talk about oil price spikes. He said there had been 4 (or 5?) spikes since WW II, and each one had been followed by a recession. Each and every one.

Also, if there IS a recession next year,caused by high oil prices, there's no buffer built into interest rates. They need to be much higher now, to allow for lowering later for recession recovery. But raising rates now just chokes off todays feeble economic recovery even more. It's a vicious cycle.

Then there's the exploding national budget deficit, war on terror, etc.

I'm not a bear just yet, but am getting close........very close.

My stocks are pretty healthy today. Maybe because I buy these basket cases....
smile.gif

I honestly need to train myself to be more of a chartist. Amkeer - which software and what service to you use, etc?

MOBL and LU down!
frown.gif

Ironically, VIGN (aka LOSER) has been steadily going up for the last few days!
dunno.gif

Pabs,

Ask Research:http://139.142.147.15/

http://139.142.147.15/

You need to set your own numbers on the tools.

I use candles, MA, RSI, Stoch, MACD..

If I give you the numbers on the tools I have to..well you get the point.

Good news is this rally has more legs.

I also use Freetrade:

[ September 17, 2004, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Do NOT ever ask me why. Just don't.

I just bought 10000 shares of MOBL. Price purchased was from .196-.208.

$2000! Let it ride.

You lucky dog! I wish I had more money to put into it! I own 12k+ and wanting more. The fact is that MOBL is so low priced, that even it's volatility (if any) makes it a sort of low risk buy, IMHO. Welcome to the club!
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back