Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, where is my glasses, now what did you say Grouch?
wink.gif

Grouch the wife and I were discussing that last night. If we end up in a bearish trend that lasts a considerable period of time what will happen?

Amk, I wish i could figure out stocks. I believe the charts are more predictable than any other method with the exception of a high dividend yield.

I don't like this election business as I got burned badly in 2000 and gave up a lot of gains. Of course, had I followed my own thinking and bought MO when it was paying a 10% dividend, I would be sitting on the north side of a million. It's only money.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Primus, the U.S. could very well be headed for a downslide. It presents a bigger problem, however, for the economic recovery of other nations.

Agree, we are all on the same boat, just our level may not come to the surface if you don't recover your engine. For the moment it's still OK with us, but our situation is similar to a beggar who sits in a Panasonic cartoon box at -10 C and switching on the radio hears bad news from Beverly Hills: a real crisis, the temperature in houses dropped from 24 C to 20 C.

Grouch we should pop off 9850+-. We are below 200 Day MA, so the bears now control the market. We are officially in a bear market as I type this. However, this is a test of the market to see if we pop above the 200 day in the coming days, then we will be in a neutral, sideways trending phase. We haven't seen the panic selling yet to indicate a longer term bottom. Short term we should be getting abounce.

[ July 24, 2004, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

You had to know by now I see the market for what it is a gambling site. Yes and one of the best you don't lose your $ as fast.I love charts when the market got carried away to the upside in 29 it crashed in reality it went way above the chanel.The economy is real shaky look at the debt levels in this country. All Bush & Greenspan did is fund companys coffers so when the big decline comes they will have a lot of cash to withstand it.Clinton with his Globel economy put more Americans out of work than ever. Now we have to depend on globel recovery to grow our economy. The concept looked good at the time and made a lot of people rich in the markets.Now just as in Bushes hasty responce to go war and spend as never before the US economy is in a quagmier and no easy way out.
shocked.gif

Price is relitive MSFT is making tons of $ yet their stock has done very little same with CSCO.The fact is stocks have competition like JNPR this makes the playing field less lopsided.If JNPR didn't compete with CSCO it could be double what it is now so historical price may not be what it once was.I own NOK at 12.33 it has dropped to 11.50 or so do you think a huge company leader like NOKIA would suffer this kind of decline if it weren't for MOT and others.The $ is going in higher risk stocks because the reward is better for now.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back